Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I cant justify taking a safety hoping he can play outside CB because a prospect with off the charts athleticism did it a few years back over Nelson in this draft.  

I dont think Minkah will show to be the athlete the caliber of Ramsey.  Not a knock, I wouldnt be shocked if James is better athletically.

Why can't we draft him to play strong safety? The middle has been a void forever. Fitz fixes that day one. And using him as a slot CB let's us keep our three LBs on the field more in nickel. And he can play centerfield, so Mike Smith's interchangeable defense stays intact. AND we're better able to play it.

I really don't see the downside to taking him.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Why can't we draft him to play strong safety? The middle has been a void forever. Fitz fixes that day one. And using him as a slot CB let's us keep our three LBs on the field more in nickel. And he can play centerfield, so Mike Smith's interchangeable defense stays intact. AND we're better able to play it.

I really don't see the downside to taking him.

He s already had shoulder surgery tackling college RBs.  I would rather have James play next to Evans.  Plus I dont think Minkah is as a good of prospect then Nelson.  I would only take Chubb and Barkley over him

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

He s already had shoulder surgery tackling college RBs.  I would rather have James play next to Evans.  Plus I dont think Minkah is as a good of prospect then Nelson.  I would only take Chubb and Barkley over him

Fair enough.

I think a guy like Hernandez in the second or a guy like Ragnow in the third would also be plug and play guys. Obviously, there's no guarantee either one is available when we pick. And that's a risk. But I'd rather take someone I think will have a bigger overall impact than Nelson. And I think Fitz fits that.

I'd have them Chubb, Barkley, and Fitz.

In a perfect world, we trade down a little and get an extra third and take Davenport. Then we'd have some flexibility to move around to ensure we get a guy like Hernandez or Michel. I fully expect us to double dip at DE either way. 

17 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Fair enough.

I think a guy like Hernandez in the second or a guy like Ragnow in the third would also be plug and play guys. Obviously, there's no guarantee either one is available when we pick. And that's a risk. But I'd rather take someone I think will have a bigger overall impact than Nelson. And I think Fitz fits that.

I'd have them Chubb, Barkley, and Fitz.

In a perfect world, we trade down a little and get an extra third and take Davenport. Then we'd have some flexibility to move around to ensure we get a guy like Hernandez or Michel. I fully expect us to double dip at DE either way. 

We draft Nelson in the 1st after signing say Norwell in FA and have a guard to guard lineup of Norwell - Marpet - Nelson and I think it would have a pretty huge freakin impact. 

Sign Crowell and Ziggy in FA as well then do DL in the 2nd and RB in the 3rd and we’d be rockin and rollin. 

Run game should be dominant and Jameis should be able to step up in the pocket for every throw, not to mention our DL should be better with Ziggy and a 2nd rounder. 

7 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

We draft Nelson in the 1st after signing say Norwell in FA and have a guard to guard lineup of Norwell - Marpet - Nelson and I think it would have a pretty huge freakin impact. 

Sign Crowell and Ziggy in FA as well then do DL in the 2nd and RB in the 3rd and we’d be rockin and rollin. 

Run game should be dominant and Jameis should be able to step up in the pocket for every throw, not to mention our DL should be better with Ziggy and a 2nd rounder. 

Ziggy's not getting out of Detroit. They'll tag him before they let him walk.

On 2/11/2018 at 3:26 PM, Lil' Shorty said:

Either way, inscert another FA DL signing in that above post. Build the line, that’s where the team will see the most benefit.

I agree with you. But there really isn't anybody worthwhile about to hit FA.

If Ziggy or Lawrence somehow get free, give them all the money. But I just don't see it happening.

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I agree with you. But there really isn't anybody worthwhile about to hit FA.

If Ziggy or Lawrence somehow get free, give them all the money. But I just don't see it happening.

There are no studs in free agency, but useful pieces.  Hopefully, Spence can come back and play 16 games also.  History suggests most elite pass rushers are drafted in the first 2 rounds.  Licht might be tempted to reach for dline at 7, if he cant  trade down and more importantly he doesnt have a contract extension.  I will be interested to see how Landry and Key s perception end up at the end of the combine.

19 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I think he is nitpicking Barkley in between the tackles.  Bell runs similarly probably in the pros.  Also, AP out of OU couldn't catch the ball like Barkley.  IMO, elite prospect. 

Oh, yeah. I agree. 

I'd guess he was trying to avoid injury. Now that he's made it, he can run like a badass 100% of the time.

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Oh, yeah. I agree. 

I'd guess he was trying to avoid injury. Now that he's made it, he can run like a badass 100% of the time.

I can only imagine Barkley getting that smoke screen they run to Simms a bunch or the little shovel screen between the tackles.  Honestly, I think Barkley will impact the game more then Kamara.  Of course, with his draft status that should be the goal.  The NFL is a space game anyway, how many times a game is the expectation to ram it through the A and B gaps for 3 yards?  I liked McCaffery last season , but if he is there at 7 turn the card in ASAP.

Archived