Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

Since we have some discussion on Davenport in the mock draft, I wanted to post this video break down.  I think Voch does a good job giving break downs on prospects.  

I'm intrigued to learn more about Davenport.   Every year we see a prospect just really elevate through the draft process.  I respect Daniel Jeremiah s opinion.

On 1/20/2018 at 5:48 PM, Buccaneer Bruce said:

Sony Michel is the running back I want for the Buccaneers.

when did Michel surpass Chubb as Georgia's best back?

i feel like this hype is getting too real adn coming out of nowhere , or maybe its just me living under a rock and not watching too much CFB

18 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

when did Michel surpass Chubb as Georgia's best back?

i feel like this hype is getting too real adn coming out of nowhere , or maybe its just me living under a rock and not watching too much CFB

He's noticeably faster and he runs smoother, and is a better receiver. But Chubb is a tank who's still got a little shake to his game.

I think Michel runs around a 4.45 while Chubb runs closer to 4.6. And I think that will be the biggest difference.

58 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

My way too early draft speculation.  Licht will draft Key or Davenport at 7 with Chubb off the board.  If Im  right I 'll refer back to this post.  If Im wrong I wont highlight my ineptitude during the draft like all the talking heads who make their living with their so called expertise.  ?

From walterfootball:

Georgia running back Sony Michel was one of the prospects who really helped himself late in the 2017 season. Michel showed his big-play ability with speed to break off some long runs that led to some huge performances to help the Bulldogs make it to the National Championship. In speaking to a general manager who needs a new starting running back, he felt that Michel wouldn't make it to their second-round pick. He felt that Michel could go late in the first round after his tremendous finish to the season. If he does slip to the second round, they thought that Michel wouldn't make it to their pick although he is hoping he does because he would be a great fit in their offense. Michel has a lot of positive momentum, and he probably will hear his name called in the top 45 picks of the draft. 

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

If we could pull a Michael Bennett or another comparable pass rusher in this weak FA class, I don't think I'd hate drafting a guy like Davenport.

Smitty likes his dlinemen huge. And Licht DID bring in Michael Johnson.

The other obvious connection is Jay Hayes was in Cincy when Johnson and Dunlap were drafted.  If Davenport tests athletically as expected, size and agility usually are pretty appealing over a prospect who is more technically polished but not as athletic.  

I take the drills at the Senior Bowl with  grain of salt. It s a small facet of the evaluation for a prospect. I still believe Davenport gets drafted in the first round.

11 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

The other obvious connection is Jay Hayes was in Cincy when Johnson and Dunlap were drafted.  If Davenport tests athletically as expected, size and agility usually are pretty appealing over a prospect who is more technically polished but not as athletic.  

I take the drills at the Senior Bowl with  grain of salt. It s a small facet of the evaluation for a prospect. I still believe Davenport gets drafted in the first round.

With the EDGE class being as weak as it is, I don't doubt that Davenport is a first round pick. He's got tremendous size. And he's shown great strength at times. And he's flashed great handwork from time to time. It's all a matter of getting him all put together.

I also think getting him in an NFL weight room would do wonders for him.

Also, Hayes was at the Senior Bowl. So there's that.

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

With the EDGE class being as weak as it is, I don't doubt that Davenport is a first round pick. He's got tremendous size. And he's shown great strength at times. And he's flashed great handwork from time to time. It's all a matter of getting him all put together.

I also think getting him in an NFL weight room would do wonders for him.

Also, Hayes was at the Senior Bowl. So there's that.

As much as I like Nelson, I do think they bypass him for defensive help.  I believe they would draft Barkley though if he was on the board.   With the DT class being deeper, I would lean towards DE being the first round choice.  History shows us the majority of upper echelon pass rushers are first rounders.  

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

As much as I like Nelson, I do think they bypass him for defensive help.  I believe they would draft Barkley though if he was on the board.   With the DT class being deeper, I would lean towards DE being the first round choice.  History shows us the majority of upper echelon pass rushers are first rounders.  

I think the idea of "upper echelon" pass rushers being first round picks is because the guys who show the most promise in college are generally picked earlier. So they pan out more often.

There are plenty of examples of guys turning out to be great pass rushers in the NFL that weren't great in college. They're fewer and farther in between. But it happens.

Archived