Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

So Tre pretty much talked me out of Vea. I noticed in his bowl game that he was late off the snap. Like A LOT later than everyone else. And he lined up farther off the ball than anyone else. I figured he was kinda playing a spy/contain role. But apparently he's always late off the snap. He's a very large man. And he hasn't played dline enough in his life to actually show his potential. But I don't want a major project like that at seven. He could become the next Haloti Ngata. But it will probably take a few seasons to start to show that. And we don't have that kind of time. I want a bigger impact player at seven.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

So Tre pretty much talked me out of Vea. I noticed in his bowl game that he was late off the snap. Like A LOT later than everyone else. And he lined up farther off the ball than anyone else. I figured he was kinda playing a spy/contain role. But apparently he's always late off the snap. He's a very large man. And he hasn't played dline enough in his life to actually show his potential. But I don't want a major project like that at seven. He could become the next Haloti Ngata. But it will probably take a few seasons to start to show that. And we don't have that kind of time. I want a bigger impact player at seven.

Good point.  I think Da Ron Payne will pass him in the draft process.  He is more polished and for the most part barring injury you can almost guarantee yourself a serviceable DT coming out of Bama.  Marcel Darius, Jarran Reed, and A Shawn Robinson have all been at least serviceable.  Johnathan Allen the jury is still out.  I think Payne will probably be at least the equal of Darius athletically and be better then the other three. 

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I've heard a few say he could be better than Zack Martin.

If he's even close to Zack Martin it would be worth the pick. I'm a big fan...

Imagine if we could plug Nelson into RG, keep Marpet at C and kick Smith inside to LG. That's one hell of an interior line...

Now if we only had a LT lol...

D Smith isn't leaving LT. If we brought in new coaches, I'd think there was a chance. But Koetter and co. are really high on him.

Nelson would improve our oline tenfold.

D Smith - Q Nelson - A Marpet - JR Sweezy - D Dotson

With Hawley, Benenoch, and Wester as our reserves wouldn't be the worst group.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

D Smith isn't leaving LT. If we brought in new coaches, I'd think there was a chance. But Koetter and co. are really high on him.

Nelson would improve our oline tenfold.

D Smith - Q Nelson - A Marpet - JR Sweezy - D Dotson

With Hawley, Benenoch, and Wester as our reserves wouldn't be the worst group.

True, they really have no reason to either. He's not a special LT, but he's no slouch. The interior O-line is what needs the help first and foremost...

My dream (realistic) O-line for us heading into 2019 would be:

D. Smith - A. Norwell (FA) - A. Marpet - Q. Nelson (draft) - D. Dotson

That gives me and Jameis a football boner...

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

True, they really have no reason to either. He's not a special LT, but he's no slouch. The interior O-line is what needs the help first and foremost...

With the current coaching staff in place I agree Smith and Marpet are not being moved.  Our team has easily the worst interior oline in the division.  I m all about upgrading this area.  

I like Isiah Wynn  from Georgia also as a potential 2nd rounder.  I could make a pretty good argument Evan Smith cost the team 2 victories.  My basic point is I cant exclude a guard not being taken in the top 10 with the various line stunts plus A and B gap blitzing in today s game.

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

that would be pretty dope

that being said though , i only want Nelson if Chubb is gone , and in all honesty id rather trade down a couple spots and get nelson than to just pick him at  7

You guys are extremely harsh on the OL. ITs not their fault winston holds the ball and fumbles nor that Doug martin couldn’t run a lick. 

I’d say they’re middle of the pack. Out of 32 units I’d grade them in the 12-16 range. 

The hate for Donavan Smith is stupid. You’re looking for an elite LT and he isn’t there. He’s certainly above average to solid. 

3 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

You guys are extremely harsh on the OL. ITs not their fault winston holds the ball and fumbles nor that Doug martin couldn’t run a lick. 

I’d say they’re middle of the pack. Out of 32 units I’d grade them in the 12-16 range. 

The hate for Donavan Smith is stupid. You’re looking for an elite LT and he isn’t there. He’s certainly above average to solid. 

i can agree there, but i can see a wide margin for argument as well

all the more reason to trade up to secure Chubb

30 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I have no idea what you were watching but this OL was downright awful. The reason why we couldn’t run the football because our guard play was garbage. Thats not on Winston OR Martin when these garbage guards consistency let their defenders in our backfield. Not to mention we run a deep passing attack of course Winston has to hold the football so our routes could develop. Fact of the matter is Sweezy and Pamphile were by far the biggest problems on the offense. These dudes consistency got whipped in the run game and were just decent as pass guys. The tackle play was good, Dotson gets an A- while Smith gets a C+. Considering Smith was playing with garbage next to him he gets a higher grade than what most ppl would think of him. Great guard play can hide tackle defecienes. Bucs draft Nelson and Don Smith will look even better.

Archived