2019 Coaching Carousel Thread

Texansfan713

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I saw Arkansas wants to interview him. Along with Campbell and Fuente.

And think all 3 would laugh their heads off.

Arkansas apparently offered Campbell $7 million per year but he turned it down. Fuente is from Tulsa and VT fans wanted him fired earlier this year so I could see that but still don't think it's going to happen. And I mean Leach is at Washington State but don't think he'd fit in with the Arkansas boosters. I feel like he expresses interest in every open job lol.

Lots of smoke lately on Kiffin. Jerry Jones has offered to pony up a lot of money for assistants no matter who the hire is this time around, just hope the rest of our BOT can stay out of our AD's way and let him do his job.

2 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

Arkansas apparently offered Campbell $7 million per year but he turned it down. Fuente is from Tulsa and VT fans wanted him fired earlier this year so I could see that but still don't think it's going to happen. And I mean Leach is at Washington State but don't think he'd fit in with the Arkansas boosters. I feel like he expresses interest in every open job lol.

Lots of smoke lately on Kiffin. Jerry Jones has offered to pony up a lot of money for assistants no matter who the hire is this time around, just hope the rest of our BOT can stay out of our AD's way and let him do his job.

I view Arkansas as the hardest job in the country to succeed at. Recruiting is brutal when Bama, Auburn, LSU and A&M can all bring in top 10 classes. They havent had a top 8 in the SEC recruiting class in the past decade that Ive checked.  Fuente has a gold mine at VT if he succeeds. Campbell can pretty much name his place atm. Leach has it made at Wash St. To rebuild and succeed at Arkansas, theres no tougher coaching job right now. I think it scares a lot of good coaches off. Last couple were successful coaches that went there and failed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Why not? 6-6 and nobody is yelling about firing him. Were as most places, like your Oregon. Would be ready to crucify him.

Its a good, secure gig to have. Without a whole lot of pressure or expectations.

Yeah, but he's already complaining about lack of recruiting and resources. I think he wants to go somewhere else.