2019 Coaching Carousel Thread

Texansfan713

2 minutes ago, PAW said:

What an absolutely awful decision by Arkansas. 

Pittman is a head scratcher for me.  On one hand, his recruiting skills are far and away superior to most.  However, as a head coach your goal is to surround yourself with those guys, that normally isn't your best skill.  

They are also giving a 58 year old his first head coaching opportunity, and he hasn't been a coordinator before.  I am not saying he can't be a success, but there is a lot that is pointing towards it not being the case.  This hiring is really puzzling.  

Pittman is definitely an...unorthodox hire. But wasn’t Dabo hired as a WR coach? Our players loved him when he was here and if he never left for Georgia I think Bielema eventually works out at Arkansas. Best recruiter and OL coach in college football IMO. Definitely need to give him a lot of money for assistants since he has a lot of SEC connections. We obviously struck out on some guys but seeing what Coach O is doing with LSU probably thought we could do something similar. All we need is someone to stabilize the program, not win the SEC or anything.