SNF: Patriots vs Texans GDT

Texansfan713

Crazy but true - if KC beats NE next week, then BUF vs. NE in Week 16 is likely for the AFCE lead, no matter what happens with BAL-BUF next week (and if BUF pulls the home upset, then it's for the AFCE no matter what).

It's not just the 1 seed that's at risk, but if KC beats NE, then they own the tiebreaker with both NE and BUF - so after a miserable start, the Chiefs could go back to as high as the 2 seed, if the AFCE winner gets to 4L's.

Really, BAL/BUF and KC/NE next week are going to be massive in shaping the AFC playoff landscape for the Divisional round.   Can't wait.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Remember getting slaughtered by other Pats fans for not being high the Harry pick, but a receiver who couldn't get separation in college isn't going to do it in the NFL. Would be great in some systems, not a rhythmic passing game. 

Yes but at the same time we can't bury him for not doing great in, what, his 4th game? He caught a beautiful back shoulder fade for a TD last time out, and was seemingly dropped for one mistake last night - which was harsh.

You need more samples to declare victory on that one. He's overall disappointing, but perhaps not all his fault.

Edited by Hunter2_1

6 hours ago, SkippyX said:

The last time the Patriots lost the #1 seed they won the Super Bowl.

That offense doesn’t not look great, but most who are laughing at them laughed before the last 3 Super Bowls.

Great game by Watson and the Texans. I rip on B O B on merit, but this game plan was great.

FYI - 4 games left and the Bills control their path to the #1 seed. Win out and it’s them.

Not true. Pats have tie breaker, so they would have to lose once more outside of a hypothetical loss to the Bills

4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Crazy but true - if KC beats NE next week, then BUF vs. NE in Week 16 is likely for the AFCE lead, no matter what happens with BAL-BUF next week (and if BUF pulls the home upset, then it's for the AFCE no matter what).

It's not just the 1 seed that's at risk, but if KC beats NE, then they own the tiebreaker with both NE and BUF - so after a miserable start, the Chiefs could go back to as high as the 2 seed, if the AFCE winner gets to 4L's.

Really, BAL/BUF and KC/NE next week are going to be massive in shaping the AFC playoff landscape for the Divisional round.   Can't wait.

If the Bills lose next week they would have to count on beating NE in NE on top of the Pats losing to the Chiefs AND one of the Bengals or Dolphins. Must win next week for the Bills vs Baltimore in terms of division outlook.

28 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

If the Bills lose next week they would have to count on beating NE in NE on top of the Pats losing to the Chiefs AND one of the Bengals or Dolphins. Must win next week for the Bills vs Baltimore in terms of division outlook.

Ah right - they would be 1-1 vs each other.   They would be both 5-1 in division if BUF beat NE.   Those are the first 2 tiebreakers.  

But I keep forgetting that next tiebreaker is record vs. common opponents and not conference record - given that NE would be 0-2 vs. HOU / KC and BUF is 1-1 against DEN / CLE then their record would be identical only if NE beat KC and BUF beat NE and both teams win out other games at 13-3.   They do have a better in-conference record but that doesn’t apply unless BUF wins out and NE beats KC.  Damn.  

1 hour ago, malak1 said:

The Pats should bring AB back to town.

Maybe. We would be more productive, BUT that thing that everyone praises BB for - the culture that he's built up for 20 years here - would that be compromising that? Do we give up his framework for one exception? Maybe it's BB's ways that have made the Pats what they are and one player is never bigger than the system.

Food for thought. We are split on this,

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yes but at the same time we can't bury him for not doing great in, what, his 4th game? He caught a beautiful back shoulder fade for a TD last time out, and was seemingly dropped for one mistake last night - which was harsh.

You need more samples to declare victory on that one. He's overall disappointing, but perhaps not all his fault.

I'm not trying to declare victory, I know it's incredibly early. Trust me, I want to be wrong about him. I just don't see a great fit right now for him.