Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

6 minutes ago, Melbourne 9er said:

They can have Jimmy and our 2nd for their 1st and then we pick up Tyler Linderbaum. Kill an entire flock of birds with one stone.

I've thought about this for a few days now and this is exactly what I would do if that offer was on the table (ftr, I don't believe that offer will be on the table). Linderbaum may be a top 6 talent in this draft just playing a position lower on value without need for a lot of team (and scheme specific) 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I've thought about this for a few days now and this is exactly what I would do if that offer was on the table (ftr, I don't believe that offer will be on the table). Linderbaum may be a top 6 talent in this draft just playing a position lower on value without need for a lot of team (and scheme specific) 

That and he he (supposedly) doesn't have elite size for the position. His arms are supposed to be short. At least that's what I've heard about him.

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Packers are going to keep Rodgers, I think. They are going to cater to whatever whim he wants. They just brought in Tom Clements to be QB coach, and he's very tight with rodgers

It will be up to Rodgers. This could be like the Miami Heat drafting Napier to cater to LeBron for him to leave back to Cleveland lol. 

Even if Rodgers returns to GB, the team isn't going to be more talented than it was this past season. I don't think people realize just how stacked the roster was this year for GB. They had some unfortunate injuries but were able to get some of those guys back for the NFCCG. Both Smith brothers will have to be let go and while Gary/Clark are very good, they will have to replace the other two. What to watch for is what they do with Amos. Hell of a player and if they lose him, that will be pretty brutal for them. Douglas is unlikely to replicate the season he has this year and who knows if Campbell can as well. I have no question the Packers try to go all in again but….. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seems like Washington fans think there's a good chance they end up with trubisky 

I don't think so....Maybe to bring in as competition with another veteran QB but to be their starter? Don't see it. Rivera is going to try to win with the team he has and there is a good amount of talent on that team. He goes with a more proven QB than Tribusky IMO. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think so....Maybe to bring in as competition with another veteran QB but to be their starter? Don't see it. Rivera is going to try to win with the team he has and there is a good amount of talent on that team. He goes with a more proven QB than Tribusky IMO. 

Rivera has apparently really liked trubisky for a long time and they were even trying to trade for him last year. 

Their beat writer ranked which QBs were most likely to start for Washington next year, he had trubisky 1, Bridgewater 2 (obviously stating that nothing is really more or less likely at this point). 

So funnily enough, I could see trubisky now being the Mike Glennon of a qb room. Sign him and draft a guy

Just now, Forge said:

Rivera has apparently really liked trubisky for a long time and they were even trying to trade for him last year. 

Their beat writer ranked which QBs were most likely to start for Washington next year, he had trubisky 1, Bridgewater 2 (obviously stating that nothing is really more or less likely at this point). 

So funnily enough, I could see trubisky now being the Mike Glennon of a qb room. Sign him and draft a guy

I don't know who this beat writer is, but I don't buy it lol.

We have heard that they will take a big swing at one of the top available QBs and that seems more believable than having Tribuisky as their starting QB. Granted, Wilson may not leave but if he is available and they feel comfortable enough to make a move for Watson? They will throw the kitchen sink trying to get one of them. Actually, no way they can make a move with Watson with all their scandals going on. But making a big move is what this organization will do to try to distract them for all the other crap they have going on. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't know who this beat writer is, but I don't buy it lol.

We have heard that they will take a big swing at one of the top available QBs and that seems more believable than having Tribuisky as their starting QB. Granted, Wilson may not leave but if he is available and they feel comfortable enough to make a move for Watson? They will throw the kitchen sink trying to get one of them. Actually, no way they can make a move with Watson with all their scandals going on. But making a big move is what this organization will do to try to distract them for all the other crap they have going on. 

It's the same guy who said they would trade anyone for a star

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's the same guy who said they would trade anyone for a star

Okay, so maybe he came to the conclusion a star QB is not going to be attainable due to the organization having so much backlash from the allegations put on them by the cheerleaders and others on staff so that takes them away from the Watson sweepstakes and maybe he thinks Rodgers nor Wilson will want to come to Washington or will be available lol. Either way, getting Jimmy makes a whole a lot more sense for them than Tribusky. 

When do you see Jimmy getting moved? I think by the end of next week or sometime during the combine, a deal will be done to move him. I wonder if Rodgers tells the Packers he is staying, will Elway then turn his attention to Jimmy? Wouldn't make the most of sense but that man really has no idea what to do with the QB position lol.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay, so maybe he came to the conclusion a star QB is not going to be attainable due to the organization having so much backlash from the allegations put on them by the cheerleaders and others on staff so that takes them away from the Watson sweepstakes and maybe he thinks Rodgers nor Wilson will want to come to Washington or will be available lol. Either way, getting Jimmy makes a whole a lot more sense for them than Tribusky. 

That's my assumption too; he doesn't think that they can get one of the big names. Between the two comments, I'd assume that he's basically saying that they are either going big or going bust. 

As for Trubisky over Jimmy...there are a lot of moving parts there. If he's a big fan of him, he's a big fan of him. Not the most rational thinking always involved there. I have no idea whether or not he is, but that's just what I saw in the Washington forum. A big question in that is how secure Rivera feels about his job. I mean, if he can be out the door with a poor season, then he needs to shoot higher than Trubs. There's a good chance that is signing your own death warrant rolling that wya. However, if he feels pretty good about last the season even if they finish something like 6-11, then I get the idea of "a bridge qb is a bridge qb" and just taking Trubs and drafting a guy like Ridder in round 2. You may be able to create something out of Trubisky that you can return an asset afterward.  How they feel about the class will obviously play a prominent role and that decision as well. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

When do you see Jimmy getting moved? I think by the end of next week or sometime during the combine, a deal will be done to move him. I wonder if Rodgers tells the Packers he is staying, will Elway then turn his attention to Jimmy? Wouldn't make the most of sense but that man really has no idea what to do with the QB position lol.

Combine is what i said a few weeks ago and I'm inclined to stick with that. He's got to be off the roster by the start of the league year if we want to re-sign people or go after free agents. The combine puts everyone in one place while also trying to give other teams as much time as possible to figure out what's happening in the actual QB market. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's my assumption too; he doesn't think that they can get one of the big names. Between the two comments, I'd assume that he's basically saying that they are either going big or going bust. 

As for Trubisky over Jimmy...there are a lot of moving parts there. If he's a big fan of him, he's a big fan of him. Not the most rational thinking always involved there. I have no idea whether or not he is, but that's just what I saw in the Washington forum. A big question in that is how secure Rivera feels about his job. I mean, if he can be out the door with a poor season, then he needs to shoot higher than Trubs. There's a good chance that is signing your own death warrant rolling that wya. However, if he feels pretty good about last the season even if they finish something like 6-11, then I get the idea of "a bridge qb is a bridge qb" and just taking Trubs and drafting a guy like Ridder in round 2. You may be able to create something out of Trubisky that you can return an asset afterward.  How they feel about the class will obviously play a prominent role and that decision as well. 

Combine is what i said a few weeks ago and I'm inclined to stick with that. He's got to be off the roster by the start of the league year if we want to re-sign people or go after free agents. The combine puts everyone in one place while also trying to give other teams as much time as possible to figure out what's happening in the actual QB market. 

Like if Rivera has a poor season, do you think he gets another year? I'm not sure and they are in a weird spot overall. Like the team keeps getting in the news for the wrong reasons and they have a good amount of talent and need to get back in the playoffs. You have to take a shot at Jimmy over Trubisky IMO. And if you give Jimmy an extension, you can lower the 2022 cap hit in like half. No-brainer Jimmy over Trubisky if you can't get any of the big names.