Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

As long as he doesn't go to Lambs...

If they somehow pull that off and sign back Odell and Miller, I will start to subscribe to the “ the salary cap isn’t a real thing” ideology………and why can’t the NINERS do it

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Pretty crazy that he only put up 10.5 sacks after getting 5 in week 1. While I do think he’s still a good player and would probably put up good numbers on our d line, I think his days of being a top paid edge are over. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him get something similar to what Justin Houston signed a couple years back when he went to the Colts - 2 years 24 million. 

25 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Pretty crazy that he only put up 10.5 sacks after getting 5 in week 1. While I do think he’s still a good player and would probably put up good numbers on our d line, I think his days of being a top paid edge are over. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him get something similar to what Justin Houston signed a couple years back when he went to the Colts - 2 years 24 million. 

If Watt stayed healthy, I think Chandlers numbers would have been better. I still think he is one of the top pass rushers in the game and have NO doubt that if you put him on the same d-line as Bosa ( not to mention Armstead as wel), he would return to Pro-bowl form.

if the Niners wanted to make a statement and pull an LA Rams move, they would sign Jones. I would take our d-line over theirs anyday

also, looks like the Cards are willing to deal Andy Isabella, i kinda see him a Trent Taylor (when he was healthy) replacement in our offense. I don’t think I would trade for him, but if he came cheap and gets cut, could give him a look

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

If Watt stayed healthy, I think Chandlers numbers would have been better. I still think he is one of the top pass rushers in the game and have NO doubt that if you put him on the same d-line as Bosa ( not to mention Armstead as wel), he would return to Pro-bowl form.

if the Niners wanted to make a statement and pull an LA Rams move, they would sign Jones. I would take our d-line over theirs anyday

also, looks like the Cards are willing to deal Andy Isabella, i kinda see him a Trent Taylor (when he was healthy) replacement in our offense. I don’t think I would trade for him, but if he came cheap and gets cut, could give him a look

Yep, playing on a DL with Bosa/Armstead will make Jones life so much easier. Plus you have Kocurek coaching him? He's definitely getting 11-13 sacks fairly easy.

Wonder what he will get on the market. Ravens may be the team making a play for him. 

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, playing on a DL with Bosa/Armstead will make Jones life so much easier. Plus you have Kocurek coaching him? He's definitely getting 11-13 sacks fairly easy.

Wonder what he will get on the market. Ravens may be the team making a play for him. 

…speaking of the Ravens, I though I read that Calais Campbell doesn’t look to be back with them, I think he is more over the hill than Jones is, but may come at a better deal for a veteran

2 hours ago, P_locniners said:

I absolutely agree that he’d be very productive on our D Line. I was just saying I expect him to be closer to the 10 mil mark than he is to 20 at this point. I would have loved to have brought in Houston when he was available, so I’d be all for it. 

10 hours ago, P_locniners said:

if the Niners wanted to make a statement and pull an LA Rams move, they would sign Jones. I would take our d-line over theirs anyday.

I really like Isabella in the Draft...was afraid of what he could do for the Cards, but that never panned out. I would love to see what Kyle could do with him....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/03/seahawks-have-essentially-invited-other-teams-to-make-an-offer-for-russell-wilson/

Speaking at the Scouting Combine, Carroll told reporters as to Wilson, “We have no intention of making any move there.” If Wilson were untouchable, Carroll would have used broader language. By saying “no intention,” Carroll necessarily implied that intentions could change. That someone could make them an offer they wouldn’t refuse.

The difference is subtle, but significant. To best understand it, consider what the Bengals would say if someone asks whether they’ll trade quarterback Joe Burrow. No one from the team would say “we have no intention to trade him.” Instead, they’d laugh at the mere asking of the question.

Carroll didn’t laugh on Wednesday. The door is open to make an offer. With the right offer — from the right team — Wilson could indeed be on the move.

Florio seems to think Wilson could be on the market, provided the offer is good enough

If the Seahawks wanted to trade Wilson and rebuild, feels like it would have made more sense to to clean house entirely. And with the rookie class being so weak, who would the Seahawks replace him with? 

IF they do trade him, i think maybe the best scenario would be getting picks & Derek Carr from the Raiders.

Unless they just go with a place holder and use their picks to target a new veteran/rookie QB in 2023. 

56 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/03/seahawks-have-essentially-invited-other-teams-to-make-an-offer-for-russell-wilson/

Florio seems to think Wilson could be on the market, provided the offer is good enough

If the Seahawks wanted to trade Wilson and rebuild, feels like it would have made more sense to to clean house entirely. And with the rookie class being so weak, who would the Seahawks replace him with? 

IF they do trade him, i think maybe the best scenario would be getting picks & Derek Carr from the Raiders.

Unless they just go with a place holder and use their picks to target a new veteran/rookie QB in 2023. 

He's definitely on the market because the team going forward isn't all that promising. Carroll is not an idiot and they know this is the last chance to accumulate high picks and start their rebuild. Only bad thing is the QB class is so bad that they may not be able to draft his successor in this year's draft...But that's not all that bad truthfully. 

Denver or NYG makes a lot of sense here.

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Draftkings pulled ARod/Packers props.. I think an announcement of him returning to GB is coming soon 

Yep. Athletic said the prevailing thought pretty much across the league is that he's going back to GB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Could they not have traded him to a team that could rework his contract or that wasn't possible? @49erscap @Forge

I expect him to be traded. I said similar in the news forum. 

A team like Jax has a dire need and could take on the full hit if needed. Otherwise, yeah, just convert a bit to a signing bonus and at least check him out for a year. Chicago should be looking at that as well along with several other teams. 

The cowboys would be stupid if they release him and any team not throwing a sixth round pick to acquire him that could use him would be stupid.