Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

I expect him to be traded. I said similar in the news forum. 

A team like Jax has a dire need and could take on the full hit if needed. Otherwise, yeah, just convert a bit to a signing bonus and at least check him out for a year. Chicago should be looking at that as well along with several other teams. 

The cowboys would be stupid if they release him and any team not throwing a sixth round pick to acquire him that could use him would be stupid. 

I was legit thinking why can't teams with young QBs and a crap load of cap space like the Jags and Jets etc not trade for him? So the team is just leaking this to allow other teams to know he is available? 

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Yep. Athletic said the prevailing thought pretty much across the league is that he's going back to GB. 

Yeah, I never thought for a second that he would leave. Rodgers is an attention-loving diva d-bag. Sure, he wants GB to improve immediately and the threat to leave helps, but I'm sure he enjoyed so many people begging him to stay.

I really wonder what Rodgers will do after he retires. He seems to become more of a nutjob every year and he loves the limelight. I don't see his personality fitting into the broadcasting world. Maybe he will start a conspiracy theory podcast or something.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Apparently they called every team in the league and even asked about Mahomes....can't blame them for trying

All this to probably just settle on Jimmy G or Trubisky lol

Edited by 49ersfan

5 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Apparently they called every team in the league and even asked about Mahomes....can't blame them for trying

All this to probably just settle on Jimmy G or Trubisky lol

Yeah. You kind of feel bad. Was always a long shot one of the big guys gets moved, and if there's one team that probably can't afford to take on Watson from an optics perspective, its probably washington lol 

Raiders / McDaniels have been steadfast on keeping Carr, obviously they aren't going to try and bring Cousins back (though this would be hilarious). 

Almost feels like the best they can hope for is Winston / Wentz. 

Pro Football Network's Aaron Wilson reports the Chargers, Packers and Broncos have interest in impending free agent Von Miller. 

That is in addition to "strong mutual interest" between Miller and the Rams. Wilson reports Miller could still command up to $20 million annually, which would make him difficult to bring back for cap-strapped Los Angeles. We doubt Miller would be interested in a Broncos reunion, though that would change in a hurry if Aaron Rodgers were the quarterback. Fresh off a highly-disruptive postseason, 33-year-old Miller (in three weeks) is going to get paid

The Dallas Morning News reports DeMarcus Lawrence was asked to take a pay cut but declined. 

About to be on the wrong side of 30, Lawrence was limited to seven games by a foot injury in 2021. Declining a pay cut is typically the first step toward getting cut, but Calvin Watkins reports the Cowboys are genuinely torn. The Cowboys are way over the cap, and could save $19 million by designating Lawrence a post-June 1 release. Complicating matters is the fact that Randy Gregory is headed to the open market. The Cowboys' Lawrence and Amari Cooper conundrums are proving that the cap is indeed very real. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Nothing but respect for the "IDGAF about the optics" attitude of the Washington football team lol 

It's because how much pressure this current regime is in. Flat out embarrassing how their defense fell apart last season when it was argued in the offseason that they may have the best defense in the league. They HAVE to win next season or else there will be a lot of changes.

That was my main point in why I couldn't see them rolling with Trubisky. Even if they think he is talented and the year as a back up helped him, you can't risk it with him to take you to the playoffs. 

A lot of teams are now really itching to trade for Watson. I think what I stated a few weeks ago in how there is a two year statute of limitations on misdemeanor charges and how most of the cases would be thrown out by April 1. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's because how much pressure this current regime is in. Flat out embarrassing how their defense fell apart last season when it was argued in the offseason that they may have the best defense in the league. They HAVE to win next season or else there will be a lot of changes.

That was my main point in why I couldn't see them rolling with Trubisky. Even if they think he is talented and the year as a back up helped him, you can't risk it with him to take you to the playoffs. 

A lot of teams are now really itching to trade for Watson. I think what I stated a few weeks ago in how there is a two year statute of limitations on misdemeanor charges and how most of the cases would be thrown out by April 1. 

I think it was @Forge that said it previously, but that would be some pretty poor optics for the Commanders to trade for Watson after what they've had going on in-house lately. It'll be interesting to see how that all plays out. Isn't Watson from Atlanta or somewhere down in GA? I wonder if the Falcons might be a darkhorse team in the Watson sweepstakes. If I remember right it seemed like he grew up a Falcons fan idolizing Mike Vick. I know he has a no trade clause in his contract, so he can essentially pick where he goes, but maybe at this point he thinks anywhere is better than where he's at. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I think it was @Forge that said it previously, but that would be some pretty poor optics for the Commanders to trade for Watson after what they've had going on in-house lately. It'll be interesting to see how that all plays out. Isn't Watson from Atlanta or somewhere down in GA? I wonder if the Falcons might be a darkhorse team in the Watson sweepstakes. If I remember right it seemed like he grew up a Falcons fan idolizing Mike Vick. I know he has a no trade clause in his contract, so he can essentially pick where he goes, but maybe at this point he thinks anywhere is better than where he's at. 

It would be poor optics for them to trade for Watson with their own sexual allegations but I really don't think they care. They are shameless in that regard and they probably feel winning will cure everything and get the fanbase back on their good side. 

Still curious to see what Wilson tells Seattle. He will need to notify them ASAP that he wants out and then Washington's offer may be one of the best they can get. That will change a lot of things....Though I suspect the Giants will be ALL over that potential trade and they can offer him more than others with their two high picks.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not sure how much pressure the current regime is in. Mayhew is only in his second year and Rivera is only a year removed from the playoffs. Their athletic beat writer has indicated that he doesn't think they are under the microscope right now or anything, though as I mentioned before, I'm not sure I would ever fully trust that given Snyder's history. 

But clearly they are all in on getting a new QB and solving that problem and they really don't care about anything else.