49ers v Saints!

Manny/Patrick

49ers offense vs Saints defense:

A big factor is the Saints run defense. That seems to be the biggest factor overlooked by 49ers fans. When they say they match up well, they don’t consider that the Saints are top 3 in run defense. With the crowd noise, I wouldn’t bet my money that Garappolo would win this game for me. Kittle is a tough matchup for anyone but I don’t think Klein and Alonso being out is a huge factor. Craig Robertson is a better pass defender anyway and the Saints have the safeties to help out.

Saints offense vs 49ers defense:

The two biggest factors are probably going to come down to the health of Terron Armstead and Alvin Kamara. Omameh is a big drop off from Armstead and the Saints are already down Andrus Peat (who honestly isn’t that much better than his backup, Easton). Kamara hasn’t looked the same since his high ankle sprain, but he is now 7-8 weeks removed from his injury which is when the player starts looking themselves again. Kamara is an enormous matchup issue for anyone, and the Saints will need him to be back to his normal self to manufacture offense. The Saints ability to establish the running game will likely dictate the Saints success on offense, because the 49ers will gameplan to take away Thomas (which is easier said than done, but they should have some success with their personnel).

• Like 1