New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

On 12/10/2019 at 2:40 PM, VanS said:

No.  They keep cheating which is why they win at a historically unprecedented rate.

I'm personally done with the Patriots.  Their 6 Super Bowl titles are invalid to me from this day on.

Wait does that mean the Falcons can have that one back or do we still have to live with 28-3 forever to you my friend :D

1 hour ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Name a more dominant team than the New England Patriots under Bill Belichik. If it were to come to a head that the Patriots had been caught cheating at the beginning and end of this era of their team, that would look horrible for the league. 

Of course it looks horrible but no one cares.

The NFL also has let players get injured for it's entire history for a pittance for most of it's existence yet no one cares.

It's just gonna be another off-season story for 1-2 years and then it will all blow over like deflate-gate did. 

However this might be the worst one yet because there's direct video evidence and the person caught was literally filming the bengals sideline and is a patriots employee. No contradictory b.s like we had with deflate-gate and Spygate. 

4 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Of course it looks horrible but no one cares.

The NFL also has let players get injured for it's entire history for a pittance for most of it's existence yet no one cares.

It's just gonna be another off-season story for 1-2 years and then it will all blow over like deflate-gate did. 

However this might be the worst one yet because there's direct video evidence and the person caught was literally filming the bengals sideline and is a patriots employee. No contradictory b.s like we had with deflate-gate and Spygate. 

There's about 35 pages of discussion in this thread alone, I am pretty sure people care. Whether it stick or not depends on if the NFL does their due diligence to move past this quickly and quietly.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

3 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

There's about 35 pages of discussion in this thread alone, I am pretty sure people care. Whether it stick or not depends on if the NFL does their due diligence to move past this quickly and quietly.

Yeah people care but this is some dipstick videographer illegally recording some sideline tape of a losing team no one cares about.

This isn't Tom Brady deflating footballs in a conference title game against a team people like, the story isn't for a lack of a better word "Sexy". 

The story isn't gonna go as far as deflategate but this is the third time the patriots have some done some stupid stuff and been caught red handed with video evidence. 

2 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Yeah people care but this is some dipstick videographer illegally recording some sideline tape of a losing team no one cares about.

This isn't Tom Brady deflating footballs in a conference title game against a team people like, the story isn't for a lack of a better word "Sexy". 

The story isn't gonna go as far as deflategate but this is the third time the patriots have some done some stupid stuff and been caught red handed with video evidence. 

I personally disagree that it isn't a big story, as it has come to light that the first iteration of spygate was worse than was initially shared, and that Patriots had a large catalogue of signals on other teams and coaches over 7 years. The Bengals have a new coach, and therefor new signals. Something stinks on the Patriots with a familiar odor. 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I personally disagree that it isn't a big story, as it has come to light that the first iteration of spygate was worse than was initially shared, and that Patriots had a large catalogue of signals on other teams and coaches over 7 years. The Bengals have a new coach, and therefor new signals. Something stinks on the Patriots with a familiar odor. 

Yet here we are 3 years post deflate-gate and the patriots are none worse the wear and their reputation is about what it was.

3 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Wait does that mean the Falcons can have that one back or do we still have to live with 28-3 forever to you my friend :D

Well, they DID send a drone to film the Falcons' SB walkthrough, which might explain how BB suddenly had an answer for everything the Falcons did in the second half after getting gashed in the first half. xD

Still doesn't excuse Matty Ice and KS continuing to sling it when they should've ran the ball and ate the clock, though.

On 2019-12-10 at 2:40 PM, VanS said:

No.  They keep cheating which is why they win at a historically unprecedented rate.

I'm personally done with the Patriots.  Their 6 Super Bowl titles are invalid to me from this day on.

some say they have an * next to them, a shame because they probably could have won some anyways the honest way, or could they have?  Winning by last second FG isn't as convincing as a few TD's, they kept  the  scores close anyways, good sportsmanship at that ;)

Considering the nfl does nothing about it, maybe it's time fans move on from the nfl , eventually

28 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

some say they have an * next to them, a shame because they probably could have won some anyways the honest way, or could they have?  Winning by last second FG isn't as convincing as a few TD's, they kept  the  scores close anyways, good sportsmanship at that ;)

Considering the nfl does nothing about it, maybe it's time fans move on from the nfl , eventually

The Eagles and Giants ( and their fanbases) should be thanking NE for gifting them those rings! Would probably be too fishy to go 9-0 in SBs. All those early season blow outs...the playoff losses to Peyton, the Jets, the Ravens...mere acts.

4 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Well, they DID send a drone to film the Falcons' SB walkthrough, which might explain how BB suddenly had an answer for everything the Falcons did in the second half after getting gashed in the first half. xD

Still doesn't excuse Matty Ice and KS continuing to sling it when they should've ran the ball and ate the clock, though.

Matt can actually be excused from this one as their were numerous of people at the game thats from the falcons message boards.  Matt was on the sideline seen yelling run the $^&$ ball.  So i can't put full blame on him as he was just listening to the coaches.  Which got him the 28-3 lead in the 1st place and im not sure in the same situation how many qb's would have told their coach's they respect go pretty much go f themselves.  Was also said by ryan and quite a few other offensive players from that team that shanny would get the play call in around the 15 to 20 second mark not leaving much time at all to do audibles.  Shanny as smart as he is and he is very smart also doesn't like people messing with his gameplan at all and is one of the ultimate control freaks in the game.

7 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

The Eagles and Giants ( and their fanbases) should be thanking NE for gifting them those rings! Would probably be too fishy to go 9-0 in SBs. All those early season blow outs...the playoff losses to Peyton, the Jets, the Ravens...mere acts.

benching Butler made no sense to me,  something fishy indeed.  Maybe there is something going on around here9_9

The more the truth comes out, specifically that the videographer was NOT an independent contractor after all but a full time employee of Kradt productions, (or whatever it's called) the more guilty NE looks.

I don't think the league does anything prior to the conclusion of the SB. Afterward, at this point I'd be quite surprised to not see huge fines, possible suspensions, and the removal of multiple draft picks.

41 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The more the truth comes out, specifically that the videographer was NOT an independent contractor after all but a full time employee of Kradt productions, (or whatever it's called) the more guilty NE looks.

FWIW, the Pats’ statement said “our video crew, which included independent contractors” and the guy who was allegedly suspended is the producer of the whole thing (which I’m assuming makes him the guy in charge of the filming/the documentary). The crew may have had independent camera guys, but the producer in his statement seems to be taking responsibility for the whole thing. Not really meaningful information there, just wanted to specify that the statement wasn’t necessarily a lie there.

You would assume that any teams’ film crew would know NFL regulations regarding where/what they cannot film, independent or not. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

FWIW, the Pats’ statement said “our video crew, which included independent contractors” and the guy who was allegedly suspended is the producer of the whole thing (which I’m assuming makes him the guy in charge of the filming/the documentary). The crew may have had independent camera guys, but the producer in his statement seems to be taking responsibility for the whole thing. Not really meaningful information there, just wanted to specify that the statement wasn’t necessarily a lie there.

You would assume that any teams’ film crew would know NFL regulations regarding where/what they cannot film, independent or not. 

Fair enough. And I agree with that last paragraph