New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

There are a lot of stupid things to it. But I think it goes down a weird road to try to punish intent

I don't know how intent isn't factored in. I mean, intent is the key factor in whether this involved the football side of their operation and Bellichick or not. It's also going to answer whether they've been doing it repeatedly or just once. The Spygate punishment was severe in the first place because of intent. You can't escalate off that if this is just an honest mistake. And the natural escalation would be punishment for Belichick himself.

EDIT: And the video indicates honest mistake to me.

Edited by CKSteeler
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Sure. That’s exactly what happened. It’s not like the NFL would want the tape out, but wouldn’t want to officially release it.

Also...the video is from BEHIND the sideline? Seriously? So the Pats were “stealing signals” being done facing away from the camera?

Can't you figure out play formations based on personnel going in and out of plays by sitting behind them? I think that's a huge deal if they've been doing this for awhile to other teams.

The Patriots have now suspended the videographer who took the film. But I have been assured that they did nothing wrong, and that the media personnel were not directly affiliated with the team.  So which is it?

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/12/15/patriots-suspend-videographer-bengals-filming-incident

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

The Patriots have now suspended the videographer who took the film. But I have been assured that they did nothing wrong, and that the media personnel were not directly affiliated with the team.  So which is it?

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/12/15/patriots-suspend-videographer-bengals-filming-incident

Interesting that you can suspend someone who is totally completely NOT associated with your organization. It would be like the NFL suspending an MLB player.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

That’s fair skepticism, surely. Although I’d add the caveat that that’s coming from unnamed sources and were unconfirmed, but still understandable skepticism. I’m not poo-pooing that. I’m just highlighting that I don’t think a HC/GM, even one as evil geniusy as Bill, has their hands in everything. Like there’s probably a department for media, charities, and other stuff that isn’t directly football related. 

EDIT: My point is really this: take the name out of it for a second, doesn’t that explanation make sense? And I’m not saying that there’s a bias or something, given the history and reputation you have to have side eye and be skeptical here. But if that could be an explanation for any other team, then what else could the Pats say if this was in fact an oversight? 

Side note: Has there ever been anything to come out of Kraft Productions? Like docuseries, works, etc? Honest question, because I don’t know. I’ve watched all the “Do Your Job” segments, at least that’s a legit thing. 

Bidding war!

oh dear, does this mean even more commercials9_9

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Interesting that you can suspend someone who is totally completely NOT associated with your organization. It would be like the NFL suspending an MLB player.

exactly, this is hilarious. When will it end though?  Maybe the video fella can get a job filming the coin toss in games without audio of course xD

11 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

So how long is the legal battle gonna be for the patriots? I have a feeling Kraft will fight tooth and nail on a third investigation after his massage parlor bad ending.

Likely not long, it's best for "da shield" if this all amounts to nothing or is swept under the rug. Pretty bad for product if the best team ever is busted cheating in a similar fashion book-ending the beginning and end of their dynasty. 

1 hour ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

56 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

They allegedly suspended the video producer. Here is his corresponding statement:

EL3YgmVXYAENPgm?format=png&name=large

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Can't you figure out play formations based on personnel going in and out of plays by sitting behind them? I think that's a huge deal if they've been doing this for awhile to other teams.

How could you possibly do that with posterior view of a tiny part of the bench, and no view of the field at all? You can't even see all the players coming/going.

2 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

How could you possibly do that with posterior view of a tiny part of the bench, and no view of the field at all? You can't even see all the players coming/going.

Sure you can. I could see who was going in and out on that video so I'm sure someone with way more knowledge than me can figure out what the other team is doing by how they make substitutions, it tells them what type of play they're doing like a run or pass play.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Likely not long, it's best for "da shield" if this all amounts to nothing or is swept under the rug. Pretty bad for product if the best team ever is busted cheating in a similar fashion book-ending the beginning and end of their dynasty. 

DA Shield doesn't care, it loves offseason drama to keep the ratings high and people talking during the offseason.

"best team ever" pfffft. We all know the patriots are cheaters they're just terrible about covering it up.

28 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

DA Shield doesn't care, it loves offseason drama to keep the ratings high and people talking during the offseason.

"best team ever" pfffft. We all know the patriots are cheaters they're just terrible about covering it up.

Name a more dominant team than the New England Patriots under Bill Belichik. If it were to come to a head that the Patriots had been caught cheating at the beginning and end of this era of their team, that would look horrible for the league. 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

3 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Idk where you got that narrative. Pretty much everyone in the org said he made mistake. The question was whether it was with intent for the football staff to use for game purposes or was it  a dumb guy filming a documentary not knowing where he coudn't film a few minutes of B-side. Strange that this is the take you came away with. 

11 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I think it's past that point, personally.  If you are the Patriots, you have already had a big scandal with something very similar.  Is it really worth trashing your reputation when you've experienced almost a 20-year era of greatness?  This extends to the league too.  You have a team that has been dominant for two decades and you now have a second situation where it at least looks like they could be cheating to gain an edge.  I think the league needs to step in and put a stop to this kind of thing.  How they do that, I don't know, but some kind of punishment is warranted.  It's not enough for Belichick to claim he didn't know.  At the very least, the Patriots were very sloppy in the way they handled this.  There is no excuse in their situation.

Good pts and 100% agreed!!