Guice-Best news Possible

RSkinGM

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Seems from what I can find - sprained MCL. ACL is intact - whew, the worm has turned maybe.

I say shut him down . Package him in bubble wrap and open him up next Sept . 

MCL is not as bad of an injury. Depends on the grade of "tear" but if it's mild he just needs rest.

Yup. Shut him down and get him ready for OTAs

53 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yes he’s had injury issues but this one was almost unavoidable. I won’t say it was a dirty hit but I do hate the chopping of the knees. 

I agree- Amari Cooper took a similar hit two games ago against Buffalo. He just caught the pass over the middle. I thought he'd be out for the rest of the season . What's to be done ? Can't hit high - gotta hit somehwere .

14 hours ago, taylor made said:

At this point, I think it is time to move on. If you can get a draft pick for him, I'd pull the trigger. Perhaps, he has some value.

I don't think we depend on him, but I see no reason to get rid of him.  It isn't like he is costing us significant cap space.  

• Like 2

Are people watching different games than I am? Why on earth would you ever “cut bait” on this kid? He’s absolutely electric, a big play waiting to happen and a load to bring down on every play. He doesn’t turn 23 until June, and he’s making basically peanuts by NFL standards. 

Plus, he’s a RB, which is the easiest position at which to find, plug, and play replacements. It’s not like pretty much every other position, where you pencil a starter and, if he goes down, have to put in a backup or street FA that is dramatically less capable. We picked up a 1000 yard rusher off the street on August 20th last year.

If it turns out he can’t ever stay healthy, so be it. Disappointing. But it doesn’t cost us much to play it out. If it we cut bait and it turns out it’s just been a terrible fluke run of injuries, and he does stay healthy? He’s somebody’s star RB for the next 5-6 years. Why would you throw that possibility away, just out of frustration?

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

Are people watching different games than I am? Why on earth would you ever “cut bait” on this kid? He’s absolutely electric, a big play waiting to happen and a load to bring down on every play. He doesn’t turn 23 until June, and he’s making basically peanuts by NFL standards. 

Plus, he’s a RB, which is the easiest position at which to find, plug, and play replacements. It’s not like pretty much every other position, where you pencil a starter and, if he goes down, have to put in a backup or street FA that is dramatically less capable. We picked up a 1000 yard rusher off the street on August 20th last year.

If it turns out he can’t ever stay healthy, so be it. Disappointing. But it doesn’t cost us much to play it out. If it we cut bait and it turns out it’s just been a terrible fluke run of injuries, and he does stay healthy? He’s somebody’s star RB for the next 5-6 years. Why would you throw that possibility away, just out of frustration?

I'm watching it the same way as you. The kid is good. Just needs to stay healthy. And yeah, if he doesn't then we can get another guy to replace him. Don't forget, we also still have Bryce Love (who at one time looked to be a 1st round lock before his injury) on the team.

• Like 2