Meme Mafia - Town - (minus Mwil) wins

Matts4313

3 minutes ago, SwAg said:

No.  Your post simply does not support this reading and revisionist re-interpretation.

You are claiming you were merely trying to be informative, yet your post leads with "are you suggesting [you didn't do this," which means you think I am denying it.  And then your follow-up post doing the mock conversation further substantiates that.  You clearly thought I was disputing it.

I asked you why you were pushing mwil if you thought his move was town. 

you asked when. 

I showed you posts of when. 

you can try and spin that all you want, it’s right there. I literally grabbed posts showing you when. 

Just now, rackcs said:

I've explained ad nauseum why I wasn't sure. I trusted orca's result when now clearly based on my checking in with matts I shouldn't have. And again, I am ******* incompetent. I've shown this time and time again. In fact, in the pirate game I was the jailer and had a similarly stupid **** up.

You're FAR from incompetent. Imperfect, yes, but I maintain you're one of the low key best here as Town. Perhaps you are Town and made a mistake, but that's a big one and I hope you can appreciate from my vantage point how that claim makes me look and why SwAg would so clearly try to seize this as an opportunity to manipulate the way he's done since I came out with my result yesterday. 

Just now, theuntouchable said:

So your jail was confirmed on dome then? I’ll have to look back at the orca info. 

It was confirmed that I targeted dome. Matts told me that he could not confirm whether or not I actually jailed them which I thought was a weird thing to say because why wouldn't you be able to tell me that my move succeeded or failed? But I feel like I should go with the assumption that my move succeeded unless specifically told otherwise. 

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

It was confirmed that I targeted dome. Matts told me that he could not confirm whether or not I actually jailed them which I thought was a weird thing to say because why wouldn't you be able to tell me that my move succeeded or failed? But I feel like I should go with the assumption that my move succeeded unless specifically told otherwise. 

Most likely because of the possibility of redirects/swaps. 

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I still have everything in the thread, which is basically useless because the only person who is reading that cares is Dome.

Hey, I care. Rude.

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

lmao @rackcs did matts do to you the same thing I did to you as host?

Idk, he's being very vague with me tbh

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

You're FAR from incompetent. Imperfect, yes, but I maintain you're one of the low key best here as Town. Perhaps you are Town and made a mistake, but that's a big one and I hope you can appreciate from my vantage point how that claim makes me look and why SwAg would so clearly try to seize this as an opportunity to manipulate the way he's done since I came out with my result yesterday. 

Again, I made essentially the same mistake in a past game with this exact move as town.

20 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

36 minutes ago, SwAg said:

At which point?

27 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

@SwAg are you suggesting you weren’t actually trying in any of these posts to get mwil up there for a lynch? (There’s also a few more I’m sure) 

@Dome

26 minutes ago, SwAg said:

No.  I literally asked you when because I've called MWil scum and pursued it at different points throughout the game for different reasons.

Touch: if you said that the move is a town move, why were you trying to get mwil lynched. 

swag: when was I doing that? 

touch: shows him exactly the posts that he’s trying to do that 

swag: no, I’m asking you when because there was different points that I did it for different reasons 

I literally grabbed the exact quotes and showed you when .......

Can someone PLEASE let me know what ******* language I need to speak in for swag to understand. I asked Swag why he pushed mwil if he felt it was a town role. He asked when. I brought up direct quotes from him showing when. He then responded “no, I was asking when” 

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

Most likely because of the possibility of redirects/swaps. 

Right, but why wouldn't I be told that my target was different than the person I chose if that had occurred? I've never seen a redirect/swap where the person targeting wasn't informed that their target was different than intended.

36 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

@SwAg if you KNEW that mwil was the princess role and you stated it wouldn’t be a scum role, why were you trying to get mwil lynched? 

Question.

35 minutes ago, SwAg said:

At which point?

Me asking for clarification on the question because I've called MWil scum at multiple points since N1.

26 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

@SwAg are you suggesting you weren’t actually trying in any of these posts to get mwil up there for a lynch? (There’s also a few more I’m sure) 

@Dome

You interpret me asking for clarification as a denial.

24 minutes ago, SwAg said:

No.  I literally asked you when because I've called MWil scum and pursued it at different points throughout the game for different reasons.

I tell you I asked when.

22 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I just showed you where. All of those were AFTER you knew he was princess. 

Yeah, and that still did not answer my question because I've called MWil scum multiple times since N1.  That gave one specific instance, and I responded to it after your next post.

18 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Touch: if you said that the move is a town move, why were you trying to get mwil lynched. 

swag: when was I doing that? 

touch: shows him exactly the posts that he’s trying to do that 

swag: no, I’m asking you when because there was different points that I did it for different reasons 

I literally grabbed the exact quotes and showed you when .......

You revise the conversation.  You framed it as me denying I did it whenever I simply asked for the time you were thinking of because there were several instances.

2 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I asked you why you were pushing mwil if you thought his move was town. 

you asked when. 

I showed you posts of when. 

you can try and spin that all you want, it’s right there. I literally grabbed posts showing you when. 

I don't know how you don't think you framed that in an accusatory and disingenuous manner ("you're denying this?!"), when I literally only asked for clarification so I can answer your question.

13 minutes ago, SwAg said:

No, I'm not suggesting that.  I even acknowledged why I had the shift.  We talked about it last night, and you even quoted a portion of it here.  Then, I said it was unlikely when KOTN's results seemed to rain on that parade, but since then even more information has come to light and I know KOTN is at least lying about a portion of his claim. 

My vision of the game evolved with information, and when I thought I was wrong, I acknowledged it.  So, the reason why I was pushing MWil here is because it fit the theory that I had on D1, and the Princess role is not a lock to be Town.  Certain variants make it more-or-less likely to be a certain alignment, and the version MWil has is one that can go either way because it can be used to blitzkrieg a night phase and skip a day phase after the loss of a faction member via the lynch.

5 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

You still haven’t answered my very simple question. 

???