Eagles WR Alshon Jeffrey out for season

SteelKing728

11 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I feel like people are going to forget how insanely good he can be, when healthy.

Unfortunately that hasn't been the case for more then a game or 2 all season. Sadly even a 75% Alshon is/was better than anything we are currently Trotting out there with this JV Squad!

Yes he will be missed,  and Yes I believe it was an Achilles the minute it happened. Hopefully not!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, RavensfanRD said:

Don't say it

Don't say it

Don't say it

ANTONIO BROWN!!!!!

While everything is telling me hell No! When you're legit talking about adding the 3rd PS WR to the active 53, Who knows?

Honestly think it's been said through back channels to all 32 Owners, You sign Brown he will be suspended within a week, dont bother fir 2019!

This is really significant news - if this was a simple calf strain, the Eagles would not have IR'd Jeffery, as there would be hope he could return in 4+ weeks - and with PHI tied for the division lead, playoff roster hopes would keep Jeffery active.   This has to be either a bad midfoot sprain, or it's the Achilles (even if it's non-operative, it's bad news).    Feel awful for the guy, when he's healthy, he's a baller, but he's just not been healthy in a long time.

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

This is really significant news - if this was a simple calf strain, the Eagles would not have IR'd Jeffery, as there would be hope he could return in 4+ weeks - and with PHI tied for the division lead, playoff roster hopes would keep Jeffery active.   This has to be either a bad midfoot sprain, or it's the Achilles (even if it's non-operative, it's bad news).    Feel awful for the guy, when he's healthy, he's a baller, but he's just not been healthy in a long time.

He'll get no sympathy from Eagles fans. Karma sucks Alshon.

25 minutes ago, Danger said:

He'll get no sympathy from Eagles fans. Karma sucks Alshon.

Dude....9-137-1 SB52.   

Brock Osweiler sucked hard for us....we passed on way better future guys because of his "potential" - and he only started 4 games for us, and got pulled on the last one after 5 TO's - which we barely won to get us the 1 seed.  But his 2H miracle comeback vs. NE is why we got that 1 seed in 2015 - and won the AFCG.   I'll admit he's sucked - but we needed him that one year to get the ring.    Flags fly forever.     Same principle with Jeffery and PHI (and he did way more directly to get you to the top).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Dude....9-137-1 SB52.   

Brock Osweiler sucked hard for us....we passed on way better future guys because of his "potential" - and he only started 4 games for us, and got pulled on the last one after 5 TO's - which we barely won to get us the 1 seed.  But his 2H miracle comeback vs. NE is why we got that 1 seed in 2015 - and won the AFCG.   I'll admit he's sucked - but we needed him that one year to get the ring.    Flags fly forever.     Same principle with Jeffery and PHI (and he did way more directly to get you to the top).

I won't even deny that. But the dude has been a s***head since then frankly. Pretty much the moment he got his long term deal he started being a complete cancer.

Edited by Danger

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

I won't even deny that. But the dude has been a s***head since then frankly.

The mistake was on Howie Roseman extending him this season for 2020-21, though (I get it also pushed cap money down the line, but man, I'd have targeted Jenkins, since he didn't have a natural successor, and he wasn't nearly the same injury risk, but hindsight is 20-20).   You draft JJAW, you're basically setting it up for Jeffery to be replaced in 2020.   Now that's happening with his 2020 salary on the books.    2018-9 is the price of doing business for his 2017 brilliance.   Extending him beyond 2019 was on Howie, not Jeffery.   It was also set up to let him walk after 2019 cleanly.    Choosing to push his dead money to 2020+ instead of Jenkins was on Howie.  And I say that understanding that Roseman makes very few mistakes, and only had Jeffery & Jenkins to choose between pushing $ down the road.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 11:35 AM, HoboRocket said:

Deontay Burnett is about to make a splash!

He's a GOOD WR that didn't test well athletically. 

We'll probably find out week 16 vs Dallas when he undoubtedly gets added to the 53 man roster after yet another injury this week vs Washington.

Unless I'm mistaken the Eagles are going into Sundays game with "3"- ("3") active WR's with a combined 20 receptions,  In their NFL Careers!!! 

Greg Ward (11), JJAW (8),  Robert Davis (1)

Fun times, fun times!!! 🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1