2017-18 NCAAB Thread

Glen

5 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

@utley4568 What are your thoughts on Zion? Please tell me I'm not alone on him. xD

skill: 4-5/10
athleticism: 9/10

he could definitely turn out to be julius randle (that would be bad) if he doesn't fix his shot (it's atrocious) or improve his handle (it's not good). but he's just so far ahead athletically that I don't really have an issue with his ranking. 

just purely in terms of being a prospect, the only other person in the class besides bagley i would consider over zion is cameron reddish.

1 hour ago, catcheryea said:

skill: 4-5/10
athleticism: 9/10

he could definitely turn out to be julius randle (that would be bad) if he doesn't fix his shot (it's atrocious) or improve his handle (it's not good). but he's just so far ahead athletically that I don't really have an issue with his ranking. 

just purely in terms of being a prospect, the only other person in the class besides bagley i would consider over zion is cameron reddish.

He's more of a freak athletically than Randle was coming out.  Generational athlete.

8 minutes ago, CAS22 said:

He's more of a freak athletically than Randle was coming out.  Generational athlete.

yeah but if you watch randle in high school they have similar games. the biggest issue about him becoming randle 2.0 is that zion is two inches shorter. if he doesn't improve his skillset he's gonna be a 6'7" 4. regardless of how athletic you are that's not a recipe for success.

47 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

It's ridiculous how much power people give LaVar Ball. Had a (female) ref removed after receiving a technical. Said she had to stay in her lane...

Probably a better topic for the offseason thread, but here's a link to his post game conference with the media:

People are over hyping this though. Don't get me wrong, what he said wasn't PC at all, but that's to be expected given the individual in question. His primary concern was the referee herself just sucked at her job and was letting his team get mauled w/ no repercussions. Then as soon as he tries to say something, she hits him with a technical. We've seen coaches go off on refs in much the same manner multiple times, this is nothing new. However because it's Lavar and the referee in question is a female, the media wants to blow this out of proportion in order to generate clicks. So stupid, imo.

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

They replaced her because he threatened to leave another game.  He threw a hissy fit and they rewarded him.  It's ridiculous.

Yeah, Adidas (or whoever was in charge) of that decision definitely looks bad for succumbing to his demands. And while I agree it's ridiculous, any number of coaches in that position would have tried to do the same thing given they felt the referee in question had some sort of bias towards them/their team. Only difference is I don't think anyone else would have been rewarded with the referee actually being replaced; that's all on whoever was in charge.

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Probably a better topic for the offseason thread, but here's a link to his post game conference with the media:

People are over hyping this though. Don't get me wrong, what he said wasn't PC at all, but that's to be expected given the individual in question. His primary concern was the referee herself just sucked at her job and was letting his team get mauled w/ no repercussions. Then as soon as he tries to say something, she hits him with a technical. We've seen coaches go off on refs in much the same manner multiple times, this is nothing new. However because it's Lavar and the referee in question is a female, the media wants to blow this out of proportion in order to generate clicks. So stupid, imo.

Shockingly, reports are saying Ball was in the wrong and adidas did everything they could to keep him in the building so to not lose his drawing power.

During Big Baller Brand's win over Play Hard Play Smart on Thursday, LaVar Ball told a referee "You're the worst (expletive) ref who ever lived," per the source. But the referee did not call a technical foul on Ball due to the strong suggestions from Adidas.

"Under normal circumstances, the sideline behavior, including profanity and sideline antics, would have demanded a technical foul under the category of disrespecting the game," the source said. "However, due to strong messaging (from Adidas) to extend those guidelines in an effort to keep (LaVar Ball) in the gym, the officiating crew felt uncomfortable enforcing the technical foul rule for actions that clearly warranted (action)."

Ball's scolding of the female official who was ultimately replaced after calling a technical foul against him Friday morning constituted "continual and prolonged derogatory comments toward the crew and, in particular, her," according to the source.

The female official was "standing up for the integrity of the game" before she was replaced, the source said.

Before a female referee was replaced on Friday, officials with Adidas had pressured referees at their Summer Championships event in Las Vegas to avoid calling technical fouls against LaVar Ball due to his drawing power and their potential courtship of Los Angeles Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball, a source told ESPN.

The source said officials at the event, supplied by ex-NBA ref Ed Rush's Court Club Elite group, were told to "put three officials on the game who will keep him in the building" whenever LaVar's Big Baller Brand team played this week.

On 7/18/2017 at 1:05 PM, Gmen4ev said:

@bkobow05 Has Doncic been playing in the pro league over there? I'm actually going to try and catch some college games this year so I'll keep my eye out for those two. Only thing bad about working 3pm-11pm is that I miss most of the games unfortunately.

Luka is the man, he's been with Real Madrid for a while now and has played the past 2 seasons with the senior team. So he's getting to face the best competition there is in Europe

On 7/18/2017 at 3:20 PM, MKnight82 said:

I expect VCU to have a down year after switching coaches.  May be our first year in awhile we don't make the NCAA tournament.  

Glad to see a UVA/VCU matchup back on the schedule this year. Should be an annual game. Expecting it to end similarly to the last time we visited the Siegel Center B|

14 hours ago, catcheryea said:

lmao mitchell robinson is leaving wku

And he's got to sit out a year if he transfers. I'm not sure if he's truly the 1 and done type but, if he is, I'd expect him overseas this upcoming season.

Archived