2017-18 NCAAB Thread

Glen

On 7/18/2017 at 4:58 PM, bkobow05 said:

Yes

My top 2 are Luka Doncic and Miles Bridges. The rest is pretty damn fluid. I'm also higher on Justin Jackson of Maryland more than most. Have him in my personal top 5. 

That's a bit bold, and that's coming from the MD fan. I thought he was swimming a bit under the radar last year until he started getting draft hype out of nowhere. I still don't see top 5 potential, but he has a better shot of becoming a lottery pick than just about any other player from MD in recent memory. He's certainly a good player and the tools are certainly there, but I just don't see the type of ceiling you would want out of a top 5 pick.

We all know that Porter is good, but I'm interested in seeing how far he can take the Mizzou team. Maybe it doesn't really matter considering both Fultz and Simmons didn't even make it into the tourney, I am just interested in seeing if he can carry a team at least to the tourney. 

11 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

That's a bit bold, and that's coming from the MD fan. I thought he was swimming a bit under the radar last year until he started getting draft hype out of nowhere. I still don't see top 5 potential, but he has a better shot of becoming a lottery pick than just about any other player from MD in recent memory. He's certainly a good player and the tools are certainly there, but I just don't see the type of ceiling you would want out of a top 5 pick.

I think he has Kawhi Leonard potential.

40 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I think he has Kawhi Leonard potential.

O.o

Damn. I mean, if he does, I'll certainly take it as a fan. However, I can't say I see it. He's not nearly the defender Kawhi is, and I'm not sure what to expect out of him this year given he'll have more responsibilities placed on his shoulders with the departure of Melo. By all accounts he's a good kid, so I'm rooting for him to do well. Just a bit up in the air as to how much he will actually build upon his first year.

1 hour ago, CrashMan510 said:

anyone watching the lamaelo ball vs zion williamson game? lamelo makes james harden look like scotty pippen on d lmao

Yeah, I watched a good chunk of it. 

LaMelo did some good things passing it and finishing, but man... there isn't a shot that doesn't look good to him. He would make Kobe proud lol.

29 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I watched a good chunk of it. 

LaMelo did some good things passing it and finishing, but man... there isn't a shot that doesn't look good to him. He would make Kobe proud lol.

LaMelo isn't good. He's a more skilled Marshall Henderson and that's really not a good thing.

oh and Zion Williamson has to be the most overhyped, overrated player in a looooooooooooong time. The fact that 247 (their rankings) had the balls to put him #1 over Marvin Bagley is just insane. I haven't seen enough of his class so I can't say definitively whether or not he's a product of a weak class but I have a feeling that's the case.

Archived