GDT - Week 2: Washington Redskins at Los Angeles Rams

Ghostnote

Just now, lavar703 said:

Didn't Garçon get like $16M for his first year? 

I'm not going to say the 49ers didn't overpay for Garcon. I think had the Redskins negotiated with him prior to free agency starting, they could have gotten him for much less than what San Francisco paid. However, the team didn't bother trying.

Anyway, back to the game. We can debate this (yet again) some other time.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

I'm not going to say the 49ers didn't overpay for Garcon. I think had the Redskins negotiated with him prior to free agency starting, they could have gotten him for much less than what San Francisco paid. However, the team didn't bother trying.

He had requested a trade at some point...?

Also, are they really marketing the new Blade Runner as an action movie? Dear God I had hopes for that movie...

Just now, Woz said:

It's probably Garçons last chance at a big  contract and he went to his former OC who lobbied for him to get his last big contract with the Redskins. He also went to the place where he knew he'd play in an offense where he once caught 113 passes. I think unless we paid Garçon more $, he was leaving.

Archived