GDT 12/22/19 Week 16: 12-2 Baltimore Ravens @ 6-8 Cleveland Browns

RavensTillIDie

It appears no one is hyped for this game. We're about to win (I'm claiming victory, dammit!) the #1 while assuring the Browns another failed season AND elimination from the playoffs! This is a Christmas present in and of itself! We can't allow such an amazing display of work and effort by my mans @RavensTillIDie to go to waste. icon_lol.gif

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

It appears no one is hyped for this game. We're about to win (I'm claiming victory, dammit!) the #1 while assuring the Browns another failed season AND elimination from the playoffs! This is a Christmas present in and of itself! We can't allow such an amazing display of work and effort by my mans @RavensTillIDie to go to waste. icon_lol.gif

Calm before the storm.

On a historic note of what to look out for in this game, the Ravens rushing attack is currently sitting at 2830 yds.

The #3 attack all times sits at 2986 established by the 1978 Kansas City Chiefs. Which would mean with 157 rushing yards attained in this game the Ravens would move into third place.

Now sitting at #2 on the all time rushing attack list is the 1973 Buffalo Bills with OJ Simpson. They have 3088 rushing yards. With a dominant enough rushing performance they have an outside chance at eclipsing this total. It would require 259 rushing yards against the Browns to move into second place all time.

• Like 1

Along the same lines as above it’s also worth noting that the Browns have given up 179 yards and 226 yards rushing against the Bengals and Cardinals in back to back weeks, allowing a 100 yard rusher in both games. Therefore it’s very possible with Ingram so close to 1000 rushing yards on the season and Lamar wanting him to get there that Ingram goes off in this game and a 100 yard rusher against the Browns would go a long way towards achieving similar marks to what the Cardinals put forth or more.

With Lamar having all but locked up the MVP race as you can all guess. I’m hoping for Ingram to feast for 110 rushing yards, Lamar to eat with 65 rushing yards, Gus to eat with 60 rushing yards, Hill to get a plate with 20 yards rushing, RG3 has a vegan plate with 12 yards rushing.

Ravens finish the game #2 all time rushing attack.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Along the same lines as above it’s also worth noting that the Browns have given up 179 yards and 226 yards rushing against the Bengals and Cardinals in back to back weeks, allowing a 100 yard rusher in both games. Therefore it’s very possible with Ingram so close to 1000 rushing yards on the season and Lamar wanting him to get there that Ingram goes off in this game and a 100 yard rusher against the Browns would go a long way towards achieving similar marks to what the Cardinals put forth or more.

With Lamar having all but locked up the MVP race as you can all guess. I’m hoping for Ingram to feast for 110 rushing yards, Lamar to eat with 65 rushing yards, Gus to eat with 60 rushing yards, Hill to get a plate with 20 yards rushing, RG3 has a vegan plate with 12 yards rushing.

Ravens finish the game #2 all time rushing attack.

Where are we with the pace to finish at 200 yards passing and rushing for the season average? I think the Ravens will become the #2 rushing team of all-time between the two games.

3 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Where are we with the pace to finish at 200 yards passing and rushing for the season average? I think the Ravens will become the #2 rushing team of all-time between the two games.

Passing yards is currently at 2906 and rushing is at 2820. The number to reach for 200 yd averages is 3200 yards for both. Meaning we would just need to average 147 passing yards to eclipse that mark which is quite likely. With rushing the football we would need to average 190 rushing yards over the next two games to get it. With the Steelers having such a good front 7 and with us likely to rest starters in that game with a win over the Browns it becomes imperative that the rushing attack gets at least 250 yards on the ground to set us up well for that final game against the Steelers.

Would love it if we could have a Jamal Lewis 295 yard type performance against them, but alas this team doesn’t have Lewis nor Ogden. We’ll see how this historic pace looks after the game tomorrow, hopefully the a Browns offensive meltdown leaks into the rush defense and they give up a huge day. I’m okay with Lamar only passing for 150 passing yards as I can’t see RG3 not putting up 200 yds passing against the Steelers. Not sure how efficient it’ll be or if we win, but still. Though it’s very possible we play a control the clock game and lean heavily on the rushing attack there as well. Just not very confident that we can put up anything more than say 130 rushing yards on their defense... and even that’s a stretch. If I’m being objective I think we get the team rush record, but I think we fall just short of the 200 yd average... there’s a reason it’s never been done in a 16 game season after all. But hey all it takes is a few big runs, so we’ll see.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Passing yards is currently at 2906 and rushing is at 2820. The number to reach for 200 yd averages is 3200 yards for both. Meaning we would just need to average 147 passing yards to eclipse that mark which is quite likely. With rushing the football we would need to average 190 rushing yards over the next two games to get it. With the Steelers having such a good front 7 and with us likely to rest starters in that game with a win over the Browns it becomes imperative that the rushing attack gets at least 250 yards on the ground to set us up well for that final game against the Steelers.

Would love it if we could have a Jamal Lewis 295 yard type performance against them, but alas this team doesn’t have Lewis nor Ogden. We’ll see how this historic pace looks after the game tomorrow, hopefully the a Browns offensive meltdown leaks into the rush defense and they give up a huge day. I’m okay with Lamar only passing for 150 passing yards as I can’t see RG3 not putting up 200 yds passing against the Steelers. Not sure how efficient it’ll be or if we win, but still. Though it’s very possible we play a control the clock game and lean heavily on the rushing attack there as well. Just not very confident that we can put up anything more than say 130 rushing yards on their defense... and even that’s a stretch. If I’m being objective I think we get the team rush record, but I think we fall just short of the 200 yd average... there’s a reason it’s never been done in a 16 game season after all. But hey all it takes is a few big runs, so we’ll see.

We may not have a Lewis or Ogden, but we do have an Orlando Brown at RT and a Ricard at FB

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Run the ball. Like? 

Just now, M.10.E said:

Hate that play.

That was my first thought, then I thought about it... I’m guessing they’re not trying to expose Lamar as much unless they have to... so considering that if it’s a better pass by Lamar, it’s a first down. So I can’t hate that call.