Pillaging Miami: Vikings Pro-Bowlers

Vikes_Bolts1228

Its a popularity contest. Rodgers barely puts up numbers this year minus 3 games and Brees missed 6 games this. Both are in.

Cousins would've had to have a 2018 Mahomes like season to get in.

Still, he will likely be a sub. Either Brees or Wilson are, on paper, the favorites to represent the NFC and Rodgers always passes on it.

• Like 2

The Patriots had only three Pro Bowlers, and Tom Brady was not one of them. It’s been a long time since that was the case. The last time Brady wasn’t chosen to the Pro Bowl roster was in 2008, the year he suffered a season-ending knee injury in Week One. Brady also wasn’t chosen to the Pro Bowl in 2002, 2003 and 2006, but other than that he had been chosen in every year that he was the Patriots’ starting quarterback.

Brady has been named to the Pro Bowl 14 times, an NFL record he shares with Peyton Manning, Tony Gonzalez, Bruce Matthews and Merlin Olsen. If he had been chosen this year, he would have broken the record.

The AFC Pro Bowl quarterbacks are Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes and

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/18/tom-brady-not-named-to-pro-bowl-for-first-time-since-2008/

This is another reason I find the Pro Bowl to be a joke.  I haven't watched one in 30 years or more, nor do I plan to watch one in the future.  There is nothing the league can do to draw my attention to the worst football game of the season.

11 hours ago, perrynoid said:

Really!  How do you get to be the highest graded LB and NOT make the Pro Bowl?!?

Because it's purely a popularity contest.  And with it not being in Hawaii, the greater likelihood is that Kendricks will eventually be named because 3 other LBs won't go.  

Kendricks has be excellent, has a case for All Pro.

He should've definitely been a Pro Bowl starter. Kuechly has only been OK and Wagner hasn't been good this year.

Hopefully one of them will bow out and Kendricks will be named as a replacement. I think Demario Davis (Saints) would be his main competition as the next guy up at ILB for the NFC.

21 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Let's start a TV boycott of the Pro Bowl!!  If they get bloody awful ratings maybe it will finally kill the very worst NFL tradition!  Who's with me!

I've boycotted it for over 20 years.  I think the last one I watched had Vikings' Herschel in it.  

NFL.com’s Nick Shook put together a group of Pro Bowl “snubs,” and Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins topped his list. Shook called Cousins “statistically wonderful” and wrote the following:

"Let’s start with traditional stats. Cousins has posted the third-highest passer rating in the NFL among quarterbacks with at least 300 attempts this season. Lamar Jackson’s 112.8 rating and Drew Brees 115.3 (boosted by his near-perfect Week 15 outing against Indianapolis) are better than Cousins’ 111.1 mark, and only if we relax the criteria to allow for QBs who have at least 200 attempts (Ryan Tannehill has a 114.6 rating on 239 attempts) does Cousins ranking in the category drop one spot."

Shook pointed out that Cousins is the NFL’s fourth-best passer according to passing grades by analytics site Pro Football Focus.

https://www.vikings.com/news/lunchbreak-cousins-tops-nfl-com-s-list-of-pro-bowl-snubs