? Week 2 GDT - Saints vs Patriots - Sunday 1pm EST

Dome

"We can't let Brandin Cooks get a deep ball," safety Kenny Vaccaro said, per The Times-Picayune. "You can run your curls, you can run whatever your little route tree is besides the home run ball, but when you put on the tape, Brandin Cooks is running deep a lot. So, that'll definitely be something that we have to stop."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000844613/article/vaccaro-we-cant-let-brandin-cooks-get-a-deep-ball

Lol everyone should prepare for a half dozen camp bodies to tear us up on Sunday, sounds like Cooks could be the one and only focus.

All joking aside, does anyone truly see this defense stopping Brady?  The thought of it makes me laugh.  Any other year, I'd say the same about their defense and Brees, but Payton has already started this year out in full [removed] mode, and I fully expect to see AD get two carries and ted ginn about 4 3rd down triple reverse.  We'll actually start running a good rhythm offense around garbage time.

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

All joking aside, does anyone truly see this defense stopping Brady?  The thought of it makes me laugh.  Any other year, I'd say the same about their defense and Brees, but Payton has already started this year out in full [removed] mode, and I fully expect to see AD get two carries and ted ginn about 4 3rd down triple reverse.  We'll actually start running a good rhythm offense around garbage time.

No we won't stop them. Double teaming Cooks and Gronk won't even stop them, and that's ignoring their other weapons.

Phillip Dorsett should see some time too, watch him go off.xD

On 9/13/2017 at 0:01 PM, domepatrol91 said:

Also, nice work on last weeks GDT everyone. 15 pages is outstanding for most forums, but it's especially nice to see that kind of activity in the Saints forum. Thanks for all the quality posts, keep them coming.

Don't expect this to continue if we keep losing lol. 

:'(

5 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yea,  but last few years games have gone by without even a thread until second half.

I'm trying to push activity. I plan on keeping GDTs coming early and often. As well as the weekly O/U threads.

27 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I'm surprised at how active we are despite three straight losing seasons

If there's a new topic to talk about people will talk. We're much more active now that we're constantly pushing new topics and new discussions to the sub forum rather than hidden in a random catch all thread that only a couple posters really frequent.

There won't be any lack of topics to discuss if we start to tank, in fact that will probably spur more discussion.

Id love to see what this team could do with a defensive minded hard nosed coach like Mike Zimmer at the helm with Brees under center.

We need someone that will not only talk about improving the defense but actually specializes in it and would bring with him a proven system. Most defensive minded HCs often lean on a strong running game foundation of the offense because they know and truly understand how much it helps a defense. On top of a strong running game a defenses best friend is a great punter and the Saints IMO have the best in the business.

Brees numbers would take a hit but hed win more games without having to carry the team. I do believe Brees could play 3-4 more years giving the Saints time to make the switch this offseason and alot of the peices are already in place but what i dont know is...

A: Would Loomis really fire Payton

B: Would Brees stay and play for anyone else?

Anyways... Pats 34 - Saints 24

Archived