Andre Johnson to be inaugural entry into Texans "Ring of Honor"

ET80

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/18/andre-johnson-to-be-first-member-of-texans-ring-of-honor/amp/

Johnson was the #3 pick in the 2003 draft, and established himself as one of the elite WRs in the league, and the first genuine superstar to play for the Houston Texans.

Despite playing with less than stellar QBs over the course of his career, Johnson managed to amass 1,062 Receptions for 14,185 yards and 70 TDs over a 12 year career.

The quiet Johnson was a stark contrast to WRs of that era, and the city of Houston was truly lucky to witness this career. 

Houston-Andre-Johnson.jpg

2 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Well-deserved, and future "Hall of Very Good" member.

Given the logjam at WR, I wouldn't be surprised. AJ wasn't as good as the very elite guys (Moss, Owens) but could make a claim at the next level (Fitzgerald, Smith).

One thing in AJs favor - he'd be the first Texans' player inducted. HOF voters like to make history like that.

I'm curious as to who the second member of the Ring of Honor will be. Arian Foster? Eric Winston?

A.J., at this point, is obviously the greatest Texan of all-time and deserves the honor of being fir. Should've put Watt up there while he was out last year.

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I'm curious as to who the second member of the Ring of Honor will be. Arian Foster? Eric Winston?

A.J., at this point, is obviously the greatest Texan of all-time and deserves the honor of being fir. Should've put Watt up there while he was out last year.

I'd actually say Aaron Glenn or DeMeco Ryans in next. Foster could also be in the running, but I know he rubbed fans the wrong way a lot with his attitude.

7 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'd actually say Aaron Glenn or DeMeco Ryans in next. Foster could also be in the running, but I know he rubbed fans the wrong way a lot with his attitude.

There we go. Ryans was the name that I was really struggling with. I'd throw Watt in there at halftime of a preseason game to be honest.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

There we go. Ryans was the name that I was really struggling with. I'd throw Watt in there at halftime of a preseason game to be honest.

Watt has some unfinished business. ?

As I told you earlier, there is literally no one better to deserve it. I would honestly love to see Arian Foster make it in as well. But there is without a doubt no one more deserving than Andre to be #1.

24 minutes ago, Raves said:

His accomplishments with what was around him was astonishing.  First ballot HOFer if they actually look at the situation.

I'm biased, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that I agree. The realist in my says: if it took Andre Reed and Cris Carter a few years, and if Terrell Owens is still waiting...then AJ needs to get comfortable.

John "Pancakes" McClain is basically the PR representative for the Houston Texans, and he's a voter for the HOF. I fully expect him to barricade the doors and hold everyone hostage until he gets the needed votes to get Andre in.

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm biased, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that I agree. The realist in my says: if it took Andre Reed and Cris Carter a few years, and if Terrell Owens is still waiting...then AJ needs to get comfortable.

John "Pancakes" McClain is basically the PR representative for the Houston Texans, and he's a voter for the HOF. I fully expect him to barricade the doors and hold everyone hostage until he gets the needed votes to get Andre in.

Oh I understand with Reed and Carter taking awhile, but both had much better teams/QBs to work with.  The Texans were a running joke for much of AJ's career, their only real threat on offense, was constantly double and triple teamed with basically HS JV QBs throwing to him, and still put up top 3 WR stats.  Only player to arguably to put up as good of stats with about the same amount of help/QB play level would be Larry Fitzgerald.

On 7/19/2017 at 9:03 AM, Raves said:

Oh I understand with Reed and Carter taking awhile, but both had much better teams/QBs to work with.  The Texans were a running joke for much of AJ's career, their only real threat on offense, was constantly double and triple teamed with basically HS JV QBs throwing to him, and still put up top 3 WR stats.  Only player to arguably to put up as good of stats with about the same amount of help/QB play level would be Larry Fitzgerald.

It's sad when Steve Smith's quarterback situation in Carolina was notably superior to yours.

Archived