What’s your road to the Super Bowl?

Soko

Playoffs are nearly upon us. Anyone rooting for a team in playoff contention - what is your road to a championship? Could be the matchups you think would be best for your team or just what you would like to see. 

Here’s the current seeding (that will be subject to change):

AFC:

1. Baltimore Ravens

2. New England Patriots

3. Kansas City Chiefs

4. Houston Texans

5. Buffalo Bills

6. Tennessee Titans (or Pittsburgh Steelers)

WC Weekend: Titans/Steelers @ Chiefs, Bills @ Texans. 

NFC: 

1. San Francisco 49ers

2. Green Bay Packers

3. New Orleans Saints

4. Philadelphia Eagles (or Dallas Cowboys)

5. Seattle Seahawks

6. Minnesota Vikings

WC Weekend: Vikings @ Saints, Seahawks @ Eagles/Cowboys. 

New England - Any team knocking off the Chiefs or the Ravens would be a major plus, but pretty unrealistic to expect the Pats to avoid both. Safe to assume NE will have to beat KC in the divisional round, while Baltimore gets to take on virtually anyone else. I have doubts that any of the Texans, Titans, Steelers, or Bills could topple Baltimore, but if I had to pick one to do it, it’d be Houston. They have the best chance of scoring with the Ravens, which I think is basically a must. The Ravens control the clock and score at such an efficient rate, you won’t be able to handle them if they get a lead. At that point, NE would have an AFCCG vs the Ravens or Texans - don’t think they win in Baltimore but I’d give them a chance vs the Texans in Foxboro. If they get that far, I like them most vs New Orleans. Of those top 3 NFC teams, I think they’re the best matchup. 

Ideally Seahawks, Saints, Lions win tomorrow giving Saints the 1 seed.  Otherwise Saints get the 2 seed if they win and one of either GB or SF loses.  Both win, Saints stay at 3 seed.

There's a realistic shot at 2 seed, and in such a case, I suppose Eagles and Vikings could win their games, giving us a home game against the Eagles.  Then Vikings could beat either SF or GB, and Vikings would come back to NO for another NFCCG.  

Or what I like better, is Seahawks and Eagles winning wild card weekend.  Then we play Seattle at home, and hopefully Eagles win, and we play the NFCCG at home.

Honestly, there are too many possible scenarios right now.  SF, GB, NO, Seattle all still have a chance at the 1 seed.

It pretty much begins and ends with the Seahawks tomorrow, tbh. Lose, and there's almost no chance the 49ers can win the super bowl, so better luck next season. Win, and the path is simply the path, but with the benefit of avoiding New Orleans until the championship game and giving two other teams cracks to knock them off first, particularly Green Bay at Lambeau. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

It pretty much begins and ends with the Seahawks tomorrow, tbh. Lose, and there's almost no chance the 49ers can win the super bowl, so better luck next season. Win, and the path is simply the path, but with the benefit of avoiding New Orleans until the championship game and giving two other teams cracks to knock them off first, particularly Green Bay at Lambeau. 

If GB loses, they'll have to come to us(assuming we win).  I know chances are slim, but I suppose it's mathematically possible.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

If GB loses, they'll have to come to us(assuming we win).  I know chances are slim, but I suppose it's mathematically possible.

Yeah, I was assuming that the seeding holds in that scenario. You guys are the team that I most want to avoid (and that's no disrespect to Seattle / GB / Vikings, I just hate the matchup with you), so any scenario where we don't have to deal with you until the championship game is preferred. 

AFC is more straightforward:

Wildcard 

Tennessee will get in over Pittsburgh.  

Tennessee goes to Kansas City and they will lose honorably.  

Buffalo beats Houston, because they are the better team already.  

Divisional: 

Buffalo goes to Baltimore, and they give Baltimore a good game, but lose in the end.    

Kansas City goes to Foxboro and upsets New England by surprise.  Mahomes has what it takes to do it again.  

Brady runs home crying and retires immediately after.  

AFC Title game:

Kansas City dukes it out with Baltimore at M&T Bank Stadium, but Baltimore comes out on top. 

NFC is more complicated:  

Wildcard:

Philadelphia gets in over Dallas

Philadelphia goes to Seattle and they lose honorably. 

New Orleans wipes Minnesota easily, and it won't be close.  

Divisional:

New Orleans goes to Green Bay and they lose to Green Bay in a stressful nail biter.  Rodgers is  72-19 at Lambeau field.  He rarely loses when he plays at home.  

Seattle goes to San Francisco, and San Fran tops Seattle in a good game.  Then, Pete Carroll gets fired, lol.  

NFC Title game:

Green Bay goes to San Francisco and it will be another nail biter.  

Jimmy Garoppolo will throw 2 INTs, but his defense carries him through for the win.  

Super Bowl Rematch:

Baltimore vs San Francisco  

Lamar Jackson will pass for 70-80 yards and rush for about 50 yards right before he gets injured in the game.  

Baltimore releases the escape hatch and has no backup plan.  

San Francisco skips to the Lombardi trophy.  

San Fran will be world champs and will join a three way tie for Super Bowl trophies with New England and Pittsburgh.  

Edited by RamblinMan99
  • Like 1

In the wildcard round I would rather play the Texans than the Chiefs. 

I think the Bills can beat Houston but their offense would need to be clicking on all cylinders. I don't foresee anyway this Bills team can beat the Chiefs.

If Buffalo moved to round 2 they'd very likely play in Baltimore. That is a loss. If they played in New England, maybe 3rd time is the charm? But more than likely still a loss.

As for the rest of the league..

3. KC over 6. Tennessee 

5. Buffalo over 4. Houston

3. New Orleans over 6. Minnesota

5. Seattle over 4.Philadelphia

Divisional Round:

1. Baltimore over 5. Buffalo

3. KC over 2. New England

1. SF over 5. Seattle

3. New Orleans over 2. GB

Championship Weekend:

Baltimore over KC

SF over New Orleans

49ers get the last laugh in the SB 23-20.

I’m not confident that there is a road to the super bowl for the Vikes. The OL and defense have not looked good when faced with good teams. The only team I’m confident that the Vikes can compete with is the Eagles/Cowboys, but there likely no chance that happens. Otherwise, I’d be shocked if MN doesn’t lose by two scores. 

• Like 1