I believe we need/should trade with Cinci, before the NFL Combine.

aceinthehouse

Everybody knows how I feel about drafting Chase Young. I’m not trading anything to the Bengals to get him and if the Bengals want to try something dumb and trade with somebody that wants Young, like say the Lions or Giants, I'm then trading Joe Burrow to the highest bidder. This is why I personally believe the first two picks are all but set in stone. The Bengals aren’t passing on Burrow. 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Everybody knows how I feel about drafting Chase Young. I’m not trading anything to the Bengals to get him and if the Bengals want to try something dumb and trade with somebody that wants Young, like say the Lions or Giants, I'm then trading Joe Burrow to the highest bidder. This is why I personally believe the first two picks are all but set in stone. The Bengals aren’t passing on Burrow. 

It will be 17 years since the Bengals had the first overall pick. The last time? 2003, when they took Carson Palmer.

I would be floored if they don't take a QB at 1. Yes, I will leave open the possibility that one of the other QBs wows everyone between now and the draft, but I don't see how a franchise that voluntarily went from Andy Dalton to Ryan Finley only to go back Dalton when it was painfully clear Finley doesn't belong in the NFL believes itself to be set at signal caller.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woz said:

It will be 17 years since the Bengals had the first overall pick. The last time? 2003, when they took Carson Palmer.

I would be floored if they don't take a QB at 1. Yes, I will leave open the possibility that one of the other QBs wows everyone between now and the draft, but I don't see how a franchise that voluntarily went from Andy Dalton to Ryan Finley only to go back Dalton when it was painfully clear Finley doesn't belong in the NFL believes itself to be set at signal caller.

This is Mike Brown we are talking about here.  

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Sadly I have a feeling we will have a bunch of "conspiracy theories" and rumors surrounding both picks because they are so set in stone.  What will get more clicks?  Ridiculous trade ups for these picks, or who are the Giants taking #3?  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This is Mike Brown we are talking about here.  

Ah, someone fell into my trap!

Would Mike Brown want to pay Dalton $17.5m next year or <rookie QB to be named later> $23-25m over four years PLUS get an uptick in merchandise sales?

22 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Sadly I have a feeling we will have a bunch of "conspiracy theories" and rumors surrounding both picks because they are so set in stone.  What will get more clicks?  Ridiculous trade ups for these picks, or who are the Giants taking #3?  

1. You are probably right.

2. What did the Giants give to the Lions to move up one spot? :D

@aceinthehouse, I appreciate your post and the thought process you went through to come up with this. I really do.

But let me tell you that this would be a very bad idea. 

You stand pat at #2. They are going to take Burrow. 

But IF they don't and someone else trades a king's ransom to get to #1 to get Young?

Then Burrow just fell in our lap, didn't he????

And there's an AWFUL lot of teams that are going to want him.

The pick is valuable whether Chase is available or not. 

No sense wasting draft capital to move up when we're in the perfect position.

It's heads I win, tails you lose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

@aceinthehouse, I appreciate your post and the thought process you went through to come up with this. I really do.

But let me tell you that this would be a very bad idea. 

You stand pat at #2. They are going to take Burrow. 

But IF they don't and someone else trades a king's ransom to get to #1 to get Young?

Then Burrow just fell in our lap, didn't he????

And there's an AWFUL lot of teams that are going to want him.

The pick is valuable whether Chase is available or not. 

No sense wasting draft capital to move up when we're in the perfect position.

It's heads I win, tails you lose.

What if Burrow gets hurt, Thai?

Sorry guys, I may stand alone in this line of thinking, but I do believe it's the smartest play for what is to come.

As long as we can benefit or pay very little in moving up 1 spot? I do believe we're getting ahead of any scenario that could play out come NFL Combine & Draft time.

What could happen if we stay @#2?

1)Bengals could take Chase Young.

2)A team could offer them, much more than what we would pay for the #1 pick & then select Chase Young.

3)Burrow could get hurt & Bengals are forced to draft BAP on the board...thus Chase Young.

Remember, Chase played for Ohio St. Cincinnati is a City, in Ohio. The closer we get to the draft, the public cry for Chase Young will get louder from their fanbase & media. Specially, if they still hold that #1 pick.

All I'm suggesting, is trading a player or players to ensure we get this generational talent for Ron Rivera & JDR.

To make our D-Line so fierce & scary, that the pychological battle is already won before they ever take the field.

I'm offering to trade Trent Williams &/or Ryan Kerrigan to help make this happen. 2 players who would clear a lot of cap space for us & 2 players who won't be a part of this *new* Redskins future.

Secure the #1 pick before everything gets crazy & lock down the best player in the draft. Chase Young.

Trent Williams is worth way more than our fanbase seems to think it is now.

Give Cinci Trent & our #2 overall for Cinci #1 overall & their 2nd Rd pick.

1 minute ago, bigdog44 said:

*Jonah Williams has entered the chat 

Yes, I know they drafted him in the 1st Rd last yr. Then he got hurt.

That's why I proposed Kerrigan as well, although I would prefer to keep him in a leadership role.

Trent, not so much. But he does have value that we could use as leverage if necessary.

I don't think the price will be too heavy to move from #2 to #1. Specially, if they know we're not taking Burrow or any QB there.

But this move prevents any team from moving ahead of us to offer Cinci the farm for the #1 pick.

With teams like Miami, Raiders & Jags behind us. We should be very concerned about this nightmare scenario taking place. They have the draft resources to offer Cinci a deal, they can't refuse.

Burrow falling in our lap does us no good.

Teams no Snyder isn't going to take Burrow. So why offer us a crazy package for our #2.

When the Lions, who also don't need a QB sit at #3.

The Giants don't need a QB & they sit @#4.

Any team wanting to trade up for Burrow or Tua can simply wait till the #3 or 4 pick to move up. It would also be cheaper for those teams.

Everyone here assumes that if Chase is taken by Cinci #1 overall, that we will be offered some RG3 deal at our #2 spot & that simply is not true, nor fact.

And Snyder won't allow us to take Burrow #2, because Haskins is his guy.

If we want Chase Young, we need to secure the #1 overall pick.

Because, like I said...if we wait till after the combine?

1)It will either be impossible to do so, because the Bengals will want him?

2)Some other team will offer picks we don't have, to get him #1 overall

3) or the price for us to move up from 2 to 1 will be substantially larger, than it would have been had we made the trade in March, rather than April.

Hell, I'd make the trade now, if we were able too.