2020 Free Agency

Lionized

13 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Beasley is an awful fit here unless they switch defenses IMO. Good rule of thumb is to look for guys who go through blockers not around them. Vic does the latter, if he does anything at all. 

I mean, the guy has 37.5 career sacks. For a team devoid of pressure and that relies on versatility, I'd be shocked if he couldn't be deployed in a way that would at least help generate more than what we've been starting at LE.

15 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Beasley is an awful fit here unless they switch defenses IMO. Good rule of thumb is to look for guys who go through blockers not around them. Vic does the latter, if he does anything at all. 

i don't think he'd be a bad fit here. believe he'd be cheap. also if he is coached up correctly he could be good and that falls on MP/ our D coord

On 1/7/2020 at 11:00 PM, Millenhater said:

The guy know one is talking about that we need to target is Joe Schobert. This should be our number one guy. 

Also if snacks retired we should sign reader. Not quite as good as snacks at run d but better pass rusher. 3 down player. 

Yeah I think LB is a huge need. Much more so than secondary. 

On 1/7/2020 at 11:00 PM, Millenhater said:

The guy know one is talking about that we need to target is Joe Schobert. This should be our number one guy. 

Also if snacks retired we should sign reader. Not quite as good as snacks at run d but better pass rusher. 3 down player. 

I really like Schobert as well but I am not sure he fits the bigger type of MLB MP prefers. I really think the Lions will sign Bears MLB Nick Kwaikowski

2 minutes ago, BZski said:

I really like Schobert as well but I am not sure he fits the bigger type of MLB MP prefers. I really think the Lions will sign Bears MLB Nick Kwaikowski

Despite everything, they still seem to want to hang onto Davis. Where do you see (JD) fitting in if they add a guy like that? He doesn't have Kennard's size even though he's not a terrible rush LB. 

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Despite everything, they still seem to want to hang onto Davis. Where do you see (JD) fitting in if they add a guy like that? He doesn't have Kennard's size even though he's not a terrible rush LB. 

I see him in Christian Jones role on passing downs to rush the passer. If we were to get a new MLB I think Tavai and the FA LB will man the middle. Jones will play on running downs and JD is put in a role he can succeed and be a blitzing off the ball LB on obvious passing downs. I do not think JD will be starting if he is even on the team next year. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BZski said:

I see him in Christian Jones role on passing downs to rush the passer. If we were to get a new MLB I think Tavai and the FA LB will man the middle. Jones will play on running downs and JD is put in a role he can succeed and be a blitzing off the ball LB on obvious passing downs. I do not think JD will be starting if he is even on the team next year. 

I actually like this role for Davis quite a bit. He's still undeniably fast and a somewhat effective blitzer. I'd keep him in the mix and wouldn't give him away for cheap at this point in his career.

29 minutes ago, BZski said:

This seems to make more sense to me now. Downside is that JD is a liability in the passing game, so if you know he's just a rush LB then you're giving away a key on D. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

This seems to make more sense to me now. Downside is that JD is a liability in the passing game, so if you know he's just a rush LB then you're giving away a key on D. 

True. I guess you have to hope that you can do enough with the other 10 to make his speed a strength.

12 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

This is true but it is really the only thing he is successful at in the NFL. He may be able to drop in some zone in some 3rd and long situations just to keep the offense guessing a little bit. For the most part though I would have him blitzing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BZski said:

This is true but it is really the only thing he is successful at in the NFL. He may be able to drop in some zone in some 3rd and long situations just to keep the offense guessing a little bit. For the most part though I would have him blitzing.

Makes sense to me. He also can sub in at MLB in case of injury, which does help. It does count for something. 

• Like 1