Star Wars Universe Thread

naptownskinsfan

On 6/13/2020 at 11:53 AM, Deadpulse said:

RIan Johnson is a great director. Every movie I have seen of his has been great. I understand people don't like TLJ but most of those reasons are because of the departure from TFA, the direction he took fan favorite characters, and the decision with Snoke. In a vacuum, TLJ is a really good movie. I think if he is handed the ability to script out his story for 3 movies instead of picking up from someone elses with new characters people arent so attached to it will be successful. 

The Last Jedi didn't feel like Star Wars. I truly despise what he did.

Even if TFA was a carbon copy of ANH, the 8th episode had a lot of potential to go places.

Yet, we got TLJ, which was crap. Like 2/10 stars. By far the worst movie in the franchise.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

This is kinda my point. Its not the actual quality of the film that people don't like. It is the decisions he made. 

I have grown to like TLJ because those desicions.

They at least made the movie interesting instead of paint by numbers

There are definitely a lot of wtf moments, and a lot of the movie is "good bad" for me, but at least it isnt boring like the last one

Edited by Malfatron

10 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

The Last Jedi didn't feel like Star Wars. I truly despise what he did.

Even if TFA was a carbon copy of ANH, the 8th episode had a lot of potential to go places.

Yet, we got TLJ, which was crap. Like 2/10 stars. By far the worst movie in the franchise.

You’re the worst movie in the franchise.

• Like 1

HOPE!

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/george-lucas-reportedly-original-sequel-trilogy/

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/disney-reportedly-retcon-star-wars-trilogy-dark-rey/

I know it's We Got This Covered, but allegedly from the same source who called a bunch of ROS spoilers that turned out to be true.

I would literally **** my pants on purpose if this happened. 

27 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

HOPE!

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/george-lucas-reportedly-original-sequel-trilogy/

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/disney-reportedly-retcon-star-wars-trilogy-dark-rey/

I know it's We Got This Covered, but allegedly from the same source who called a bunch of ROS spoilers that turned out to be true.

I would literally **** my pants on purpose if this happened. 

The dude's name is 'Doomcock'...

sorry man I am throwing this one in the trash

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Episode 6 of The Mandalorian has so far been the only hiccup, and 90% because of the Twi’Lek.  She was annoying AF.  

That episode did have some great visuals though, especially when the lights are flashing and you see Mando stalking up behind one of the crew.

Everyone on Twitter and Facebook and everywhere else, voice your support for the idea. 

Everyone who defends the sequel trilogy (myself included) does it so they can enjoy it while knowing it could have been 10 times better. 

Support the hell out of the idea. 

There IS precedent.  Star Wars Rebels is cannon.  In Rebels, there's a mirror place where Ezra sees multiple different paths.  He even changes something in one of those paths.  The Emperor tries getting him to change his own path.  There is plenty of precedent for the entire sequel trilogy just being a possible path that could have been. 

They've already essentially opened up multiple timelines with Marvel, so there's no reason they couldn't explain to fans the same thing here.  Fans are smart enough now to understand and learn and know what's canon and what isn't. 

If the rumors are even remotely true that George Lucas has even a fart of an inkling to make his own sequel trilogy, Disney should support the hell out of it.  We won't get Leia back without a recast unfortunately, but the one thing that always bothered me about Force Awakens was how cheaply Han Solo went out.