2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:
1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Trying to think of any younger guys that some team wants to move before paying we might trade for.
Especially some of these tams making moves for QBs.

Post em if you think of any. Need something to hope for lol

Some options for the chargers, if they sign Brady or Cam (not a ton)

• Melvin Ingram or Joey Bosa - Both are making over $14 mil and on the last years of their deals. Bosa is 6 years younger, has had injury issues, would still cost a decent asset to get. 
    they could move one to get more room to build an OL and weapons for Brady.

• Desmond King - more of a slot corner, so probably not in on him. But a name, 25..last year of his deal.

• Denzel Perrymen - costs 4 mil,26 years old, needs a new deal. They could move him now to get an asset back. a $30 mil Brady Contract makes signing him harder.

If they don't get a vet QB

• Keenan Allen - turns 28 next month, last year of his deal. If they are rebuilding he's an easy chip to move for a good pick.
  • Mike Williams - playing well and will likely holdout next year. Would they trade him now to help build out the roster
  • Casey Hayward - He's 30 this year, costs little less that $9 mil. If they are rebuilding he could be moved

Bucs, they have a ton of space...so this isn't likely. They aren't a very good team so not a lot of targets anyway.

• Chris Godwin - extremely doubtful. Young emerging star. But they are paying Evans a ton already. This would be if they whiff on Brady maybe. would cost our 1st at least.
    Yeah hey aren't doing anything with Brady coming 

Bears

• Kyle Fuller - (28) his deal turns into a huge contract, they could look to unload to add offensive weapons and pay their other guys
  • Allen Robinson - (26) last year of his deal ($15m), this is more of a rebuild move if they miss out. But they can move him easily this year. Doubtful.

Other places, looking at the bottom 10 Cap situations

Jags, need to make room. 

• Yannick Ngakoue - a tag and trade candidate. Speeder edge rusher. Doesn't want to come back. Expensive but the kind of guy you give up cap and picks for.
  • Marqise Lee - up and down career, but has had crap QB play. Could be a fresh start kinda move.

• Myles Jack - I don't think they want to give him up, but he's making $15.4m this year. But would we want to pay even a talented LB that?

Chiefs, they need to open room for Mahomes and Chris Jones

• Sammy Watkins - he makes an insane $20m this year. Would be a move where he agrees to a restructure and we get the chiefs 3rd for our 4th.

Colts

• T.Y. Hilton - Up and down career, last year of his deal ($14.5m) I don't think they want to give up their one good option. But seems like he's not going to be there much longer.
    I'd be curious if Frank would be down for Alshon and some pick for TY.
  • Some of their secondary guys on lower end trades maybe

Steelers, who are in like negative cap right now

• Bud Dupree - I don't think he's worth it for us. But a 27yr old edge rusher that they can't afford.

• Steven Nelson, one of their Starting CBs..dont think we'd want an older Joe Haden.

• Marcus Allen - a depth safety whos deal is up soon

• Vince Williams - one of the MLBs, with Bush entering year two. Might look to offload Williams' $4m for not much.

Falcons, Marquand Manuel might want to get some of his guys back.

• Keanu Neal - unlikely, but his deal is up after this season. He turns 25 this year. Has had injuries the last couple years. If they plan to move on, might move him now.

• Any of the other defenders

Baltimore

• CB Tavon Young - seems like an injury magnet.he's making 8 mil this year. Was he good at some point? who is he?

• CB Marlon Humphrey - need to sign guys all over, maybe he gets moved before his big deal.

• LB Matt Judon - a tag and trade, don't think we'd be in on.

Pats, with Brady going to Tampa..maybe they shed some vets to reload a younger roster.

• Stephon Gilmore - seems like a Belichick move to unload the DPOY. He's 29, costs almost $19 million. 

• Some of their secondary could be moved to save like $5 or they need new deals soon Duron Harmon, JC jackson, Jonathan Jones, the worse McCourty twin

Not saying all these guys I'd want to add even if they were on the move, just names that stuck out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Some options for the chargers, if they sign Brady or Cam (not a ton)

• Melvin Ingram or Joey Bosa - Both are making over $14 mil and on the last years of their deals. Bosa is 6 years younger, has had injury issues, would still cost a decent asset to get. 

• Desmond King - more of a slot corner, so probably not in on him. But a name, 25..last year of his deal.

• Denzel Perrymen - costs 4 mil,26 years old, needs a new deal. They could move him now to get an asset back. a $30 mil Brady Contract makes signing him harder.

If they don't get a vet QB

• Keenan Allen - turns 28 next month, last year of his deal. If they are rebuilding he's an easy chip to move for a good pick.
  • Mike Williams - playing well and will likely holdout next year. Would they trade him now to help build out the roster
  • Casey Hayward - He's 30 this year, costs little less that $9 mil. If they are rebuilding he could be moved

Bucs, they have a ton of space...so this isn't likely. They aren't a very good team so not a lot of targets anyway.

• Chris Godwin - extremely doubtful. Young emerging star. But they are paying Evans a ton already. This would be if they whiff on Brady maybe. would cost our 1st at least.
    Yeah hey aren't doing anything with Brady coming 

Bears

• Kyle Fuller - (28) his deal turns into a huge contract, they could look to unload to add offensive weapons and pay their other guys
  • Allen Robinson - (26) last year of his deal ($15m), this is more of a rebuild move if they miss out. But they can move him easily this year. Doubtful.

Other places, looking at the bottom 10 Cap situations

Jags, need to make room. 

• Yannick Ngakoue - a tag and trade candidate. Speeder edge rusher. Doesn't want to come back. Expensive but the kind of guy you give up cap and picks for.
  • Marqise Lee - up and down career, but has had crap QB play. Could be a fresh start kinda move.

• Myles Jack - I don't think they want to give him up, but he's making $15.4m this year. But would we want to pay even a talented LB that?

Chiefs, they need to open room for Mahomes and Chris Jones

• Sammy Watkins - he makes an insane $20m this year. Would be a move where he agrees to a restructure and we get the chiefs 3rd for our 4th.

Colts

• T.Y. Hilton - Up and down career, last year of his deal ($14.5m) I don't think they want to give up their one good option. But seems like he's not going to be there much longer.
  • Some of their secondary guys on lower end trades maybe

Steelers, who are in like negative cap right now

• Bud Dupree - I don't think he's worth it for us. But a 27yr old edge rusher that they can't afford.

• Steven Nelson, one of their Starting CBs..dont think we'd want an older Joe Haden.

• Marcus Allen - a depth safety whos deal is up soon

• Vince Williams - one of the MLBs, with Bush entering year two. Might look to offload Williams' $4m for not much.

Falcons, Marquand Manuel might want to get some of his guys back.

• Keanu Neal - unlikely, but his deal is up after this season. He turns 25 this year. Has had injuries the last couple years. If they plan to move on, might move him now.

• Any of the other defenders

Baltimore

• CB Tavon Young - seems like an injury magnet.he's making 8 mil this year. Was he good at some point? who is he?

• CB Marlon Humphrey - need to sign guys all over, maybe he gets moved before his big deal.

• LB Matt Judon - a tag and trade, don't think we'd be in on.

Pats, with Brady going to Tampa..maybe they shed some vets to reload a younger roster.

• Stephon Gilmore - seems like a Belichick move to unload the DPOY. He's 29, costs almost $19 million. 

• Some of their secondary could be moved to save like $5 or they need new deals soon Duron Harmon, JC jackson, Jonathan Jones, the worse McCourty twin

Not saying all these guys I'd want to add even if they were on the move, just names that stuck out.

Damn. Nice post. 

Ngakoue is a guy someone should definitely make a move for.  25 year old edge rushers who create turnovers like he does are so high in value. Even though he's not putting up insane sack numbers, he puts up consistent sack numbers and seems to constantly force turnovers. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

•  
  • Allen Robinson - (26) last year of his deal 

• Yannick Ngakoue - a tag and trade candidate. Speeder edge rusher. Doesn't want to come back. Expensive but the kind of guy you give up cap and picks for
  • Myles Jack - I don't think they want to give him up, but he's making $15.4m this year. But would we want to pay even a talented LB 

•  

<3 all these.  The sammy scenario is a great steal. Not my favorite person on the list but best deal probably

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Damn. Nice post. 

Ngakoue is a guy someone should definitely make a move for.  25 year old edge rushers who create turnovers like he does are so high in value. Even though he's not putting up insane sack numbers, he puts up consistent sack numbers and seems to constantly force turnovers. 

Barnett and a pick?  Or Malik and picks? Funny if we sent him back to jax. Think I saw someone post a lot of dead money if he was moved though 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Barnett and a pick?  Or Malik and picks? Funny if we sent him back to jax. Think I saw someone post a lot of dead money if he was moved though 

Ngakoue is going to get an insane contract, no way we could justify spending that much on our defensive line and no way they take back either of Barnett or Jackson. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:
4 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Ngakoue is going to get an insane contract, no way we could justify spending that much on our defensive line and no way they take back either of Barnett or Jackson.

Yeah if we are trading for Yannick, we are going to probably being shipping Barnett.

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Forgot Vonn Bell was out there. He could be nice in that Jenkins role 

Probably not. He'd be ok in the McLeod role. Kyle Dugger could be nice in the Jenkins role.

Edited by Jeezla

13 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I don't see why not. Someone pointed out we get out of Jackson's and Brex's contracts both next year. Would just have to howie the contract sum