2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

1 hour ago, mm6492 said:

Staley deserves the job and I want him to get the chance. But at the same time, really want an outsider and someone who can specifically help Wentz (i.e. QB focused coordinator)

If they promote staley they should just fire doug we already made the mistake of not bringing in new voices two years ago. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:
1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Be shocked if James Urban isn't interviewed within the next 24 hrs! Doug was just waiting till this Weekend games concluded.

I'd rather someone with actual experience as an OC before. 

You also have to account for the fact who ever takes the Job, won't be calling plays!!! How many want that type of Gig that were/are play callers in their own rights?

Not sure expierenced OC's would welcome that. When Riech took the Job they all had something to prove and worked together. 

Someone mentioned it earlier bring in a senior voice (consultant type) and a young up & comer (or promote Duce). 

WR coach is just as important...you spent a 2nd on JJAW you have to see what you have there. If that means hey Wentz I know it’s against your nature but throw that 50-50 ball give him a chance. JJAW is not going to win on routes a large percentage of the time but you can’t afford not waste resources and not use why you drafted him. 

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

Someone mentioned it earlier bring in a senior voice (consultant type) and a young up & comer (or promote Duce). 

WR coach is just as important...you spent a 2nd on JJAW you have to see what you have there. If that means hey Wentz I know it’s against your nature but throw that 50-50 ball give him a chance. JJAW is not going to win on routes a large percentage of the time but you can’t afford not waste resources and not use why you drafted him. 

Lot of the eagles beat seem to love the idea of Sanjay Lal, who was just with Dallas. He was the runner-up Hire to Groh in 2017. 

Supposedly real tough and pushes guys.

Ike Hilliard just did a solid job in DC with rookies and as an ex player I think would have the respect of the older guys.

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Lot of the eagles beat seem to love the idea of Sanjay Lal, who was just with Dallas. He was the runner-up Hire to Groh in 2017. 

Supposedly real tough and pushes guys.

Ike Hilliard just did a solid job in DC with rookies and as an ex player I think would have the respect of the older guys.

History shows bringing ex-rival players in doesn’t fare well for us, not so sure about their coaches. Lol 

Seriously though I saw a lot of sulking Amari this year I wonder how he responded to that? 

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

History shows bringing ex-rival players in doesn’t fare well for us, not so sure about their coaches. Lol 

Seriously though I saw a lot of sulking Amari this year I wonder how he responded to that? 

Ha, yeah..maybe look to another former player coach.
Another name I heard for that was Jerricho Cotchery, who's been asst. WR coach for the panthers since 2017.

Either in the FO or on the coaching staff we should poach whoever finds wideouts for the Steelers and GB every year.

He got Oakland sulking Amari to show up last year, Cobb bounced back this year a bit. And a couple of their young guys stepped up.

Not a slam dunk cause I could see Alshon and Desean not being into it.
But they both will be gone soon, so need to focus on getting JJ to turn it around. Keep pushing Greg Ward. and getting whatever rookies we get to contribute year 1.