2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

1 minute ago, nlesthought said:

Or even another college opening. 

Yeah, we are going to be picking from a pool of guys looking for a nice landing spot.
Or taking a big chance on an unproven guy.

No up and comer is really going to want to take our OC job with better opportunities out there unless Doug gave up playcalling

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, we are going to be picking from a pool of guys looking for a nice landing spot.
Or taking a big chance on an unproven guy.

No up and comer is really going to want to take our OC job with better opportunities out there unless Doug gave up playcalling

Exactly why the moves are going to be from within...they can find someone's kid to be the assistant WR coach...

8 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

What's the timetable for all these guys with injuries? 

Gerry

Ertz

Brooks

etc. 

Not sure hat Gerry's issue was, Ertz should be back to normal in late March, Brooks by late May-June

Alshon might be on pup to start the year, Desean is fine in the next week or two, 

Malik should be coming back in Training camp, as should most of the guys save for Daeshon Hall who might be out all year.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Not sure hat Gerry's issue was, Ertz should be back to normal in late March, Brooks by late May-June

Alshon might be on pup to start the year, Desean is fine in the next week or two, 

Malik should be coming back in Training camp, as should most of the guys save for Daeshon Hall who might be out all year.

Nathan Gerry had core muscle surgery, suffered in camp played the entire year with it. 

1 minute ago, nlesthought said:

Nathan Gerry had core muscle surgery, suffered in camp played the entire year with it. 

I think they said it's like 6 weeks for Desean when his happened. So Gerry could be back for OTAs

But they might slow play him

16 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So apparently Skin fans were upset O' Connell was let go since he calling the plays the last few weeks of the season, developing Haskins. Any input on O'Connell  @MKnight82 ?

However, some Redskins fans argued O’Connell should remain the offensive coordinator because of how Haskins performed in the last few weeks of the season with O’Connell calling plays. 

https://thefandc.radio.com/articles/dwayne-haskins-could-still-succeed-without-oconnell

Edited by DeJack_10
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

So apparently Skin fans were upset O' Connell was let go since he calling the plays the last few weeks of the season, developing Haskins. Any input on O'Connell  @MKnight82 ?

Hard to grade him because there is so little information to go off of.  When Gruden was here O'Connell had very little say in the playcalling.  Then Callahan took over, and we went to like a 1980s ridiculous playcalling scheme where we ran like 50 times a game and had no success passing at all.  Then the last few weeks of the season all of a sudden Haskins started playing better, and some people said that O'Connell was now calling the plays.  Idk if that's true or whether Haskins just started figuring things out. 

I think the Redskins fans you're referring to wanted to maintain consistency with O'Connell so that Haskins wouldn't have to learn a whole new system this year (I don't know if that was realistic with a new HC anyways).  Also, people liked that he was young, but that doesn't really mean anything.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I don't really see why you guys think so highly of McCown from a coaching perspective.

Carson looked better when they just "Carson just be Carson". Instead of trying to force him to be Tom Brady always in the pocket.

I’m pretty sure Carson has said Josh helped him a lot. Maybe not the mobility stuff but definitely helped him with becoming more well rounded altogether 

Remember how the team was very high on Joe Ostman? Looks like we’re basically replacing him with Daeshon hall assuming ostman makes the roster. I liked Josh Sweat’s progress this year. I definitely like him as a situational/rotational pass rusher. I’m also excited to see Genard Avery next season and see a what an off-season here will look for him. 

• Like 1