Divisional Round: Baltimore Ravens (14-2) vs Tennessee Titans (10-7)

diamondbull424

2 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

You could be right. I was emotional and mad but even Marlon said they choke. I'm just disappointed. 

We did choke. We weren't outplayed, we just played every big play badly tonight, particularly in the 1st half. Lamar certainly wasn't at his best but he just wasn't the biggest culprit at all. Offensive line was awful in short yardage situations, coaches refused to run the ball at all, and holy crap were the drops inexcusable. And that's leaving aside the incredible Dean Pees-ness of our defense just by having Dean Pees near us. Everything went wrong tonight that could have. I will continue to insist though that Lamar was basically the only thing keeping us in this rather than the culprit who made us lose this game. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

You could be right. I was emotional and mad but even Marlon said they choke. I'm just disappointed. 

True and the team did choke. Lamar made some poor decisions with fumbling that ball in the pocket (should’ve took off) and with that interception to Boykin. Both poor plays came when he was pressing as guys weren’t making plays and he felt like he had to do more. Once he calmed down he was balling after that. Also he was balling before that stretch as well (as I’m sure some opposing fans will want to say it was “garbage time” stuff. He had 165 passing yards in the first half and that was with Roberts having a huge drop, Andrews having multiple dropped passes, Snead had a bad drop at some point either in the 2nd/3rd (can’t recall). Then Hurst doesn’t look at the ball in the second half in a pivotal shot that was likely a touchdown.

I remember when I played my last HS game and I was balling, had one bad play that I let get to me, but beyond that I was balling and guy after guy kept not making plays. Eventually you realize they’re not going to handle their responsibility and so you look to start trying to handle your responsibility and theirs... and that’s when the mistakes happen. Same thing happened to Lamar.

I fault Lamar for not targeting Hurst more often, but then when you’ve got plays like where Hurst isn’t even LOOKING for the ball 3-4 seconds into the play... and I have to imagine things like that happen in practice enough to tell me why Lamar probably isn’t targeting him more often. Boyle dropping a pass isn’t acceptable, but Hurst not even looking at the ball is beyond unacceptable. A QB can’t rely on you when at any moment you’re not paying attention and that leads to an interception.

Edited by diamondbull424

7 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

We did choke. We weren't outplayed, we just played every big play badly tonight, particularly in the 1st half. Lamar certainly wasn't at his best but he just wasn't the biggest culprit at all. Offensive line was awful in short yardage situations, coaches refused to run the ball at all, and holy crap were the drops inexcusable. And that's leaving aside the incredible Dean Pees-ness of our defense just by having Dean Pees near us. Everything went wrong tonight that could have. I will continue to insist though that Lamar was basically the only thing keeping us in this rather than the culprit who made us lose this game. 

I looked at Jackson's stats and they were good. The drops did not help but damn. I'm still emotional and I've had a bit to drink. I just don't know who to blame. That's juste being honest. 

10 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Agree completely. I mean sure he had 3 TOs, but Jackson literally had 508 of the teams 530 yards on the game for 95.8% of the production. You can’t ask a guy to have THAT kind of workload and not make some mistakes. The coaches didn’t help him out with giving more of a rushing attack. The receivers didn’t help him out (outside of Hollywood) either or else he probably has like 600 yards. He had a TD to Hurst that dude doesn’t even look at. He has multiple other big plays dropped. If I have 96% of my team’s production in a game and other guys can’t pull through and people are blaming me for not doing enough... I’m heated.

1 minute ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Am I the only one who didn't mind Man of Steel? Lol

Oh I liked it. I thought it was an interesting take on Superman that made him more interesting. I just think a lot of the “classic” Superman fans found it to be against the values of Superman in his decision making. Which actually made this Superman much more relatable and real. He was better because he was flawed, but trying to live to his potential.

The director’s cut of Batman V Superman I also hear was great because the additional content allowed the characters to be properly fleshed out. Same with Justice League’s Snyder cut that wasn’t released but only rumored to be a far superior movie.

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

Oh I liked it. I thought it was an interesting take on Superman that made him more interesting. I just think a lot of the “classic” Superman fans found it to be against the values of Superman in his decision making. Which actually made this Superman much more relatable and real. He was better because he was flawed, but trying to live to his potential.

The director’s cut of Batman V Superman I also hear was great because the additional content allowed the characters to be properly fleshed out. Same with Justice League’s Snyder cut that wasn’t released but only rumored to be a far superior movie.

Yes, as of late there's been a real push for the directors cut. I'd really love to see it. Especially from what I've heard it could have. Can't hurt at this point? 

• Like 1

Yeah so thanks fellas, mostly over this loss now. Sucks that we couldn’t win the SB and become the greatest team in NFL history and all that jazz... but we’ve seen it before in 2011 where we all thought we had that “special” team and the SB didn’t come until the following year in 2012.

I guess another good thing with this loss is that I’d be willing to bet that Yanda doesn’t end his career on this. He’s going to come back for one last ride. What’s more he should be able to stack up another PB onto his resume as well next season to make his HOF chances that much stronger... especially if we win the SB and he rides off into the sunset.

That and Yanda being back means we have another season to focus on building up the other parts of this team (WR, IPR, LB) without having to go as heavy in the draft on an OL replacement.