Divisional Round: Baltimore Ravens (14-2) vs Tennessee Titans (10-7)

diamondbull424

Do you guys anticipate that we will contain the Titans passing game by letting Marlon Humphrey follow AJ Brown? I see AJ Brown as their true playmaker, at and taking him out of the game while having a strong dline + more outside linebackers to contain Henry would leave Tannehill with Jonnu Smith, Tajae Sharpe and Corey Davis as his options. That doesn't sound like a winning formular for the Titans.

We could also play heavy packages with zone as Tannehill relies more on hitting his receivers in stride rather than relying on the deep passing game. I don't know if I put too much into it, but I don't trust Marcus Peters to make the tackle if Henry comes downhill, whereas Humphrey and Jimmy are better tackling options.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Danand said:

Do you guys anticipate that we will contain the Titans passing game by letting Marlon Humphrey follow AJ Brown? I see AJ Brown as their true playmaker, at and taking him out of the game while having a strong dline + more outside linebackers to contain Henry would leave Tannehill with Jonnu Smith, Tajae Sharpe and Corey Davis as his options. That doesn't sound like a winning formular for the Titans.

We could also play heavy packages with zone as Tannehill relies more on hitting his receivers in stride rather than relying on the deep passing game. I don't know if I put too much into it, but I don't trust Marcus Peters to make the tackle if Henry comes downhill, whereas Humphrey and Jimmy are better tackling options.

If it were me:

Marlon -> AJ Brown (Size and speed matchup)

Peters -> Corey Davis (Hopefully Peters' speed is able to blanket the more physical but definitively slower Davis)

Jimmy/Chuck Clark -> Jonu Smith (Size matchup for Jimmy/Coverage skills of Clark)

Remaining combo of Whoever isn't on Jonu between Jimmy and Clark/Earl/Carr -> Sharpe (Obviously most of the time Earl will be center-fielding)

Edit: As for the bolded, I realllllly want to see Marlon come down and just crack Henry on the first outside toss/zone run and really let him and that whole team know and think about that it's not going to be a cupcake tackle when you take it out there

Edited by Ray Reed

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

If it were me:

Marlon -> AJ Brown (Size and speed matchup)

Peters -> Corey Davis (Hopefully Peters' speed is able to blanket the more physical but definitively slower Davis)

Jimmy/Chuck Clark -> Jonu Smith (Size matchup for Jimmy/Coverage skills of Clark)

Remaining combo of Whoever isn't on Jonu between Jimmy and Clark/Earl/Carr -> Sharpe (Obviously most of the time Earl will be center-fielding)

Edit: As for the bolded, I realllllly want to see Marlon come down and just crack Henry on the first outside toss/zone run and really let him and that whole team know and think about that it's not going to be a cupcake tackle when you take it out there

We have to attack their runninggame to the outside to prevent Henry getting up to speed, this means getting penetration from the slot/nicel/dime and tackle Henry og make him bounce so he can't use his speed and size to come downhill. Henry does'nt do well with cutting far back, so flowing to the side he runs and have the backside contain come in aggressively will be key.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

First full work week (for me) in a while isn't helping.

My first week back from vacation is a 70 hours work week with high pace and a lot of deals which had to be done with subcontractors and meeting with lawyers and such. I am pretty tired already and the game will be in the middle on the night between saturday and sunday