BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

1.  Overall record

2.  Head-to-head, if applicable

3.  Divison record

4.  Point differential

IIRC correctly, the justification was that we went in order of the best indicators of which team was actually better.  Overall record is obviously first.  Then which team won in a H2H matchup would be next best indicator.  Then divisional record, then point differential.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue said:

There is no indecision. You asked what the tiebreakers were, SirA told you, and you didn't like the answer. I am telling you, in no uncertain terms, that this is a long-decided matter and if you don't like it, bring it up in the offseason. Continuing to blame SirA and SirA alone as if he magically pulled it out of his *** is gross and wrong.

You're hearing what you want to hear. I'm not blaming SirA for anything. I'm telling you that 4 other people, including myself, made it clear we aren't all on the same page. 

I also asked SirA, if one indivual made the decision or if it was voted upon at some point. At no point did I say to SirA "are you making this decision by yourself?"

Just now, Ragnarok said:

IIRC correctly, the justification was that we went in order of the best indicators of which team was actually better.  Overall record is obviously first.  Then which team won in a H2H matchup would be next best indicator.  Then divisional record, then point differential.

And I'm completely fine with this explanation because it's an ACTUAL explanation. Which I'm certain is all me and Counselor were requesting. Thank you for taking the time to answer it and shed light on it instead of attacking us for discussing it.

Just now, Blue said:

gtfo

I said I'm aware that he pounded his gavel, not that he made rhe decision by himself. You assume that's what I meant and you tend to look like an *** when you assume.

A few questions were posed and with no intended disrespect to SirA, it appeared that SirA ignored those questions and made a repetitive statement that wasn't actually offering more clarity. It was no deeper a comment than that.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I said I'm aware that he pounded his gavel, not that he made rhe decision by himself. You assume that's what I meant and you tend to look like an *** when you assume.

If you don't want people to think you're being an *******, don't act like one to somebody who is just answering your question.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

If you don't want people to think you're being an *******, don't act like one to somebody who is just answering your question.

He didn't actually answer my question i asked at the time. Someone else attempted to, he didn't acknowledge it at all. That was my point.

But all of this back and forth could've been avoided between you and I if you'd just learn to have a discussion like a human being instead of getting all "Puffed Chest" and attacking people. 

For my own notes

Camden 2 out of 5 division wins at 5-5

Rome 3 out of 5 Division wins at 5-5

NOLA 3 out of 5 Division wins and h2h over Rome

Cuba 2 out of 5 Division loss to Singapore in h2h

IC 3 out of 5 Division wins at 6-4

Singapore 4 out of Division wins at 6-4

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

He didn't actually answer my question i asked at the time. Someone else attempted to, he didn't acknowledge it at all. That was my point.

But all of this back and forth could've been avoided between you and I if you'd just learn to have a discussion like a human being instead of getting all "Puffed Chest" and attacking people. 

You're attacking SirA for answering your question, WHICH HE DID, and ****ting on him like you think he's acting like some sort of authoritarian dictator. The reality is that it wasn't written down when the league moved over here, it was clearly an accidental oversight, and you responded like an absolute child over it. Of course I'm going to stick up for someone who didn't do anything wrong and got attacked for being helpful.