BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

For the the record I think you guys are nuts for doing rankings before combine but that's just me 

If you do all your rankings based solely on the combine that's not a great approach IMO.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jlash said:

If you do all your rankings based solely on the combine that's not a great approach IMO.

I don't.  I use both but I'm not gonna bother scouting dudes who have no shot cause too slow or unathletic.  I also don't want to have any bias on a player based upon college tape.  Want to go in with the full picture when I start 

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I don't.  I use both but I'm not gonna bother scouting dudes who have no shot cause too slow or unathletic.  I also don't want to have any bias on a player based upon college tape.  Want to go in with the full picture when I start 

You can still have a loose ranking set based off college work though. 

And by that measure, did you not bother ranking a guy like Orlando Brown?

29 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You can still have a loose ranking set based off college work though. 

And by that measure, did you not bother ranking a guy like Orlando Brown?

I mean, I have a general idea from guys I've watched(which isn't many) but to actually rank them now seems like more work than it's worth.  Like if you have a list of guys where its more I like these 7-8 guys at this position,  that's one thing.... but to have a list from 1-100 overall mixing positions and tanking them or whatever is too much for me

no.  Offensive tackles and d tackles are kinda their own thing.  1.  I don't care how quick they can run a 40.  2.  a lot of the best ones have massively long arms which hinder bench press.  I learned this lesson early with Greg Robinson. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

This is fair. It really sucks to have watched a lot of a guy and been really impressed, then he fails thresholds at the Combine by a miserably bad margin.

6 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

For the the record I think you guys are nuts for doing rankings before combine but that's just me 

It's the first time I do it so we'll see.

I think it's good because now I know what I want to watch in the combine, I guess this will allow me to sort things out quicker. But we'll see.

8 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I am relieved to not be obsessing over prospects at this point. I doubt I will have more than 30 guys on my board this year and that is mostly leftovers from last year for guys that didn't declare in 2019.

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

I am relieved to not be obsessing over prospects at this point. I doubt I will have more than 30 guys on my board this year and that is mostly leftovers from last year for guys that didn't declare in 2019.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

11 are RB's. And all 11 will be good because SirA likes them. 

There are actually a lot of good RBs in this class tbh

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Let’s play the big board game

I can play tomorrow while I'm at work lol but just keep in mind I haven't really updated it in a while other than some minor adjustments

• Like 1