BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Draft Recap: Round 2

2.1 - WSR -- Safety, Xavier McKinney, Alabama

I viewed McKinney as the #2 player on my board relative to my drafting position. He is extremely versatile, can play either safety role, has good instincts and awareness, and sound coverage skills. He is a good tackler with room for improvement and a willing run defender with good in-box ability. He isnt a perfect specimen but has a ton of upside and with all the needs I had, I felt comfortable making this my first draft selection.

2.2 - ICBR -- LB Patrick Queen, LSU 

Solid draft choice that should fit nicely with Devin White and Lavonte David. This isnt the position I'd say is their biggest need but it still adds needed talent to their defense.
Grade - B

2.3 - Sacramento Sasquatches -- LB, K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU 

I actually think this is the better of the two best LBs coming out of LSU. Very possibly the best Outside Linebacker of the draft. I definitely view LB as being a need for SS so this is a solid choice here.
Grade: A

2.4 Berlin Blitzkrieg-- DE Yatur Gross-Matos, PSU

If he is indeed going to be a DE, well, imo, this wasnt remotely a need for Berlin. It's a solid talent none the less for a team that has few needs.
Grade: B

2.5 - Rome Eternals -- QB, Justin Herbert, Oregon

Not only was this not a need, they have 3 QBs on their roster already.... Idk how good Herbert truly will be. I guess they have their QB of the future future.
Grade: C
(Talent = B, Positional Need = D)

2.6 - Rome Eternals -- RB, DeAndre Swift, Georgia

While RB wasnt a need either its considerably more forgivable than drafting a QB with 3 starters already on the roster. Swift is a really good talent and should fit nicely into this RB by committee
Grade: B+

2.7 - Gotham Gashslayers -- DE, A.J. Epenesa, Iowa

Quality Edge rusher that also fills a need, decent pick for the middle of the 2nd round.

2.8 - Sacramento Sasquatches-- LB, Kennefh Murray, Oklahoma

I personally view Murray as an ILB, and with that in mind this is a solid selection to complete their LB Corps.

2.9 - Sacramento Sasquatches-- RB, Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin

Imo, the best RB in this class, very athletic, break away speed, excellent size and power. Will pair nicely with Mark Ingram

2 10 - Rome Eternals -- S Grant Delpit, LSU

They claimed they reached, I dont see it. I view this as a need for them and at a good spot for the player. While there are some questions about Delpit he is a very good S, right there with McKinney imo.
Grade: A+

2.11 - WSR -- C, Cesar Ruiz, Michigan

In the immediate future Ruiz will play LG. In the long term future he will be my starting Center.

2.12 - Berlin Blitzkrieg-- WR Brandon Aiyuk
Solid selection and fit at this point. High upside. 

2.13 - Cuba Smugglers-- WR, Denzel Mims, Baylor

I really like this pick, I think Cuba is an A-hole for not letting him fall to me at 3.3 but its the risk I took taking Ruiz over Mims. He is gonna be a play maker.

2.14 - Berlin Blitzkrieg -- S Antoine Winfield Jr, Minnesota

Solid selection to pair with Juan Thornhill.  Maybe a bit early but very good talent 

2.15 - Gotham Gashslayers -- WR, Tee Higgins, Clemson 

While I am a little surprised they went WR again so soon I get it, their WR corps isnt exactly booming prior to this draft. Solid prospect in Higgins with some question about his ability to separate but gold hands and an intelligent player. Solid overall pick.

2.16 - Lancaster Werewolves -- DT, Justin Madubuike, Texas A&M 

I'm a bit surprised at this selection after taking Kinlaw in R1 however they seem ready to move on from Wilkins so with that this gives them 2 stud interior DL. 

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Draft Recap: Round 2

2.1 - WSR -- Safety, Xavier McKinney, Alabama

I viewed McKinney as the #2 player on my board relative to my drafting position. He is extremely versatile, can play either safety role, has good instincts and awareness, and sound coverage skills. He is a good tackler with room for improvement and a willing run defender with good in-box ability. He isnt a perfect specimen but has a ton of upside and with all the needs I had, I felt comfortable making this my first draft selection.

2.2 - ICBR -- LB Patrick Queen, LSU 

Solid draft choice that should fit nicely with Devin White and Lavonte David. This isnt the position I'd say is their biggest need but it still adds needed talent to their defense.
Grade - B

2.3 - Sacramento Sasquatches -- LB, K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU 

I actually think this is the better of the two best LBs coming out of LSU. Very possibly the best Outside Linebacker of the draft. I definitely view LB as being a need for SS so this is a solid choice here.
Grade: A

2.4 Berlin Blitzkrieg-- DE Yatur Gross-Matos, PSU

If he is indeed going to be a DE, well, imo, this wasnt remotely a need for Berlin. It's a solid talent none the less for a team that has few needs.

2.5 - Rome Eternals -- QB, Justin Herbert, Oregon

Not only was this not a need, they have 3 QBs on their roster already.... Idk how good Herbert truly will be. I guess they have their QB of the future future.
Grade: F
(Talent = B, Positional Need = F-)

2.6 - Rome Eternals -- RB, DeAndre Swift, Georgia

While RB wasnt a need either its considerably more forgivable than drafting a QB with 3 starters already on the roster. Swift is a really good talent and should fit nicely into this RB by committee

2.7 - Gotham Gashslayers -- DE, A.J. Epenesa, Iowa

Quality Edge rusher that also fills a need, decent pick for the middle of the 2nd round.

2.8 - Sacramento Sasquatches-- LB, Kennefh Murray, Oklahoma

I personally view Murray as an ILB, and with that in mind this is a solid selection to complete their LB Corps.

2.9 - Sacramento Sasquatches-- RB, Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin

Imo, the best RB in this class, very athletic, break away speed, excellent size and power. Will pair nicely with Mark Ingram

2 10 - Rome Eternals -- S Grant Delpit, LSU

They claimed they reached, I dont see it. I view this as a need for them and at a good spot for the player. While there are some questions about Delpit he is a very good S, right there with McKinney imo.

2.11 - WSR -- C, Cesar Ruiz, Michigan

In the immediate future Ruiz will play LG. In the long term future he will be my starting Center.
2.12 - Berlin Blitzkrieg-- WR Brandon Aiyuk
Solid selection and fit at this point. High upside. 

2.13 - Cuba Smugglers-- WR, Denzel Mims, Baylor

I really like this pick, I think Cuba is an A-hole for not letting him fall to me at 3.3 but its the risk I took taking Ruiz over Mims. He is gonna be a play maker.

2.14 - Berlin Blitzkrieg -- S Antoine Winfield Jr, Minnesota

Solid selection to pair with Juan Thornhill.  Maybe a bit early but very good talent 

2.15 - Gotham Gashslayers -- WR, Tee Higgins, Clemson 

While I am a little surprised they went WR again so soon I get it, their WR corps isnt exactly booming prior to this draft. Solid prospect in Higgins with some question about his ability to separate but gold hands and an intelligent player. Solid overall pick.

2.16 - Lancaster Werewolves -- DT, Justin Madubuike, Texas A&M 

I'm a bit surprised at this selection after taking Kinlaw in R1 however they seem ready to move on from Wilkins so with that this gives them 2 stud interior DL. 

You skipped Aiyuk