BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Just now, wwhickok said:

I reflected my view of this pick in the grades, but the thing is, if you like a guy, you should get the guy.  So if you like the guy, then congrats on getting him

And I don't have a pick til the sixth. He wouldn't have made it lol 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

You have inspired me to keep Justin Layne. 

Honestly I'd love to acquire Layne but as a Steeler fan, I think you should. No one knows what Layne is right now. He didnt play a single defensive snap last year. If you trade him now and he becomes a pro bowl type CB (which for Pittsburgh drafting a CB would be shocking) you're gonna feel really stupid. 

Just now, wwhickok said:

Honestly I'd love to acquire Layne but as a Steeler fan, I think you should. No one knows what Layne is right now. He didnt play a single defensive snap last year. If you trade him now and he becomes a pro bowl type CB (which for Pittsburgh drafting a CB would be shocking) you're gonna feel really stupid. 

That was my advice as well. We really didn't have room for a developmental CB last year because our starters were good and we were desperately trying to stay in the playoff hunt. I am biased though because I was a big fan of Layne last year.

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

And the year after I traded a first for Jake Locker cause he finished the year strong.  Then I gave up two 1sts to get to #1 overall for Jameis.

Yeah Jameis/Mariota we were screwed either way.

At least you got Tom Brady for a 4th.