BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

In case anyone wanted ballpark numbers......

Salary cap obligations from the draft (used last season salary slots for the draft)

Team

Salary Cap Hit

Sacramento

$30,310.00

Antarctica

$22,225.00

IC

$16,830.00

Berlin

$16,000.00

Seoul

$15,320.00

Gotham

$13,470.00

Williampsport

$13,155.00

Rome

$10,800.00

Cuba

$10,460.00

Lancaster

$8,125.00

Camden

$6,530.00

Singapore

$3,120.00

Hungary

$2,620.00

NO

$1,075.00

• Like 8

6 hours ago, WFLukic said:

What's the asking price on a backup tackle who played 1 game last year? 

Idk. I don't have a price and I sure af don't want a 1st for him. 

He could be a starter this year however, the way it is looking in Pittsburgh. 

I'm open to offers, could be a draft pick, could be a player swap. 

Been meaning to post in here on the BDL draft vs. my board, but I'm currently violating stay-at-home orders to, well, go home and be with my parents' 19 year old cat as he lives out his last few days. On the plus side, at least I'll be able to watch the draft with my dad this week, which I wasn't expecting to be able to do.

• Like 3

On 4/13/2020 at 2:23 PM, Counselor said:

Top 5 picks

Worst 5 picks

Go!

I'm not gonna do that exactly, because tf do I know about how these guys are gonna pan out, but I'll pick a few guys that I thought were great/poor value.

Poor value first:

- I don't think much of Tua as a top-tier prospect because you can't trust him to stay on the field. A running back or receiver with his injury history would be undraftable. There's been zero buzz about Tua since the season ended that wasn't from media heads or Tua himself. I think he drops IRL, and I wouldn't spend a top-20 pick on the guy without having a team doctor look at him.

- Cam Akers at 33 was a real head-scratcher. He's a good player, but that's way too high given the talent available (including at running back! where JK Dobbins was still available). You could have waited a round, at least, for him.

- The Adam Trautman and Harrison Bryant picks I don't get either. Small-school guys who don't have special athleticism? I'll pass. I'm not really one to talk on tight ends given my history, but Trautman at TE1 is overthinking things, while I don't see how Bryant is anything more than a BDL backup. I suppose he could end up a Kyle Juszczyk style offensive weapon, but that's probably his ceiling as a player.

- Netane Muti has played five games due to serious injuries over the past two years and already had to move from left tackle to guard. I get that it's the BDL 6th round and every pick is a crapshoot, but Jesus, at least take a guy who isn't a walking injury risk.

- John Simpson is a guy I haven't watched much, so I can't claim he's a bad player or anything. I don't think there was any real risk that you would risk missing out on him in PFA though, There were a couple guys left that I thought would be more in-demand players that you might miss out on (one of whom will be discussed in the good value picks).

Good value:

- Shane Lemieux is my No. 1 interior lineman and a 1st round talent on my board. Just a real safe selection who should have gone ahead of several linemen drafted earlier.

- Josh Uche is a probable top-30 guy in the real NFL Draft with a ton of versatility. I think he can be a KJ Wright type of player. Getting him in the 6th was robbery.

- Tristan Wirfs at 14 is phenomenal, and you don't get that kind of value in the top 15 often. He's my No. 2 overall prospect behind Andrew Thomas in this class.

- JK Dobbins has gotten some late-1st hype IRL, so grabbing him in Round 4 here is good stuff. I mentioned him to a couple people as a potential target back in like Round 2, so there you go.

- This is admittedly questionable, but Malik Harrison is my No. 2 off-ball linebacker, so picking him up in the 5th round was great value on my board. Depends on how he's used in the NFL, however.

• Like 4

Top 3 Best 2020 BDL Draft Picks

1. 2.2 - ILB Patrick Queen - Solid player that could have gone in the top 16. Immediate starter for ICBR.

2. 5.5 - Edge Terrell Lewis - if he can stay healthy this is a steal

3. 3.4 - WR Michael Pittman- I actually think he could turn out to be the most productive WR in this draft. 

Top 3 Worst 2020 BDL Draft Picks

1. 4.11 RB CEH -- Bell, Carson, Hunt, Conner, Murray... WTF are you doing? You actually gave up a 5th to get Carson. Chose to keep Hunt and Conner AND you draft a RB who immediately enters as your #6 option.

2. 2.5 - QB Justin Herbert - regardless of value, its a #5 QB at #21...enough said 

3. 3.1 - RB Cam Akers -- with Barkley on the roster and Dobbins and CEH still available, this makes no sense given that they have nearly nothing at G. Lloyd Cushenberry would've made far more sense.

• Like 1