BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

6 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Unfortunate injuries as well tbf, Chark and Sherman. 

I do really believe you did a number on me in terms of describing and anticipating a gameplan. I loved the team I built but didn’t do enough in the persuasion department to inspire confidence. It’s a sober reality but the truth.

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

Rags, I love you brother, but you are infamous for talking up your own players and immediately owning up that you were full of **** once they are no longer on your team.

1.  I'm not re-signing Brady.

2.  I still love on ex-Berliners.

3.  I'm right about how Brady's weapons let him down this year.

12 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

I'm kinda with Rags here. Brady wasn't really the problem against Tennessee, although he did struggle before that. 

However, when it comes to hyping garbage-mediocre players, he doesn't have an equal. 

Brady's OL sucked, he had no run game, no outside passing game.  He had Edelman and White to throw to with a little Watson.  

I'm not saying he was 2007 Brady.  But give him Hunter Henry, Kenny Golladay, Aaron Jones, Christian Kirk, and Hollywood.  He'd have been just fine.

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Brady's OL sucked, he had no run game, no outside passing game.  He had Edelman and White to throw to with a little Watson.  

I'm not saying he was 2007 Brady.  But give him Hunter Henry, Kenny Golladay, Aaron Jones, Christian Kirk, and Hollywood.  He'd have been just fine.

I think you're underestimating the Berlin curse you gave him. 

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

That'd be a first.

A first in this decade maybe.

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Believe it or not, it is possible for both Brady AND his weapons to be bad. But no, hey, it's the receiver's fault Tom Brady threw a short pass into tight coverage in the middle of the field with 12 seconds left and needing to get into field goal range with no timeouts left.

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Don’t forget Brady has zero BDL titles. Brees is the king here.

Ironic, considering Brees has as many playoff wins as seasons under .500 and zero titles IRL in the past decade.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

A first in this decade maybe.

Believe it or not, it is possible for both Brady AND his weapons to be bad. But no, hey, it's the receiver's fault Tom Brady threw a short pass into tight coverage in the middle of the field with 12 seconds left and needing to get into field goal range with no timeouts left.

You should go with a first in this millennium to make sure you're right.

Ok...common man.  He had 15 seconds, no timeouts, and needed a TD after one of the best punts in playoff history.  After all of his weapons let him down all game.  

14 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If the Berlin curse ensured Brady never wins another Super Bowl...then I should have won for that reason alone.

That was only for one year, if he's not on your roster the curse gets lifted. See Jameis this year finally playing well-ish but due to long term effects of your curse no playoff appearance for him.

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Hey @SwoleXmad I had the most likes of anyone on the site yesterday because of you. 

You're welcome. 

• Like 1