BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Good. Went to a pretty sweet improv show with the main character from Silicon Valley and the dude who plays Jean Ralphio in Parks and rec last night. Got up early today, spent the morning doing some detailing on our cars and I start a new job tomorrow.

Oh nice what Job

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Oh nice what Job

When I moved back to NJ from Upstate NY I took a job with a company that sold turf supplies. Seed, fertilizer, yadda yadda. That way I could use my experience and schooling without working 7 days a week in-season. I did for 2 years in the main facility (of 3 facilities), got forced into doing two peoples jobs at once after about a year and a half against my will and burned out, went back to a golf course. 

But two years later, the guy who ran the most successful of the facilities (he trained me there when I started) passed away and they offered for me to come back making more money than before, without having the extra non-turf related BS as the main facility. 

So I know the people who work for me already, I know the business and I know the products. And I got a sweet truck. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

When I moved back to NJ from Upstate NY I took a job with a company that sold turf supplies. Seed, fertilizer, yadda yadda. That way I could use my experience and schooling without working 7 days a week in-season. I did for 2 years in the main facility (of 3 facilities), got forced into doing two peoples jobs at once after about a year and a half against my will and burned out, went back to a golf course. 

But two years later, the guy who ran the most successful of the facilities (he trained me there when I started) passed away and they offered for me to come back making more money than before, without having the extra non-turf related BS as the main facility. 

So I know the people who work for me already, I know the business and I know the products. And I got a sweet truck. 

Very nice congrats 

• Like 1