BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

46 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I just have a hunch. Idk y he just gives me that vibe. But I've been wrong about ppl before and I hope I'm wrong here. But this is also a guy that got kicked out of school.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/kenny-robinson-jr-nfl-draft-letter-to-general-managers

You should read that. The only "character issue" he's ever had is the academic fraud at West Virginia which I don't really care about as far as character issues go in the pros. You're kidding yourself if you don't think the majority of P5 players do this same stuff. The fact that he did it and owned up to it and made no excuses for it tells me that he did something dumb, made a mistake, and learned from it. I have no concerns for him off-the-field, just a couple of on-field issues I think he needs to clean up.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I didnt use it last year. Can someone clarify how the shark tank works? I know how regular FA works 

It’s in August after some preseason games are played you sign guys to 1 year deals. And unlike free agency where it has to be at least 50% of their IRL contract you can sign them for anything above $500. So $501 if I’m not mistaken.

16 minutes ago, Counselor said:

It’s in August after some preseason games are played you sign guys to 1 year deals. And unlike free agency where it has to be at least 50% of their IRL contract you can sign them for anything above $500. So $501 if I’m not mistaken.

Shark tank is only one year deals that start at $500.

44 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

He lasted way longer than I thought he would

Another interesting case in that Denver kinda already has his type in Noah Fant and drafted two wr to go with Sutton.  He may get work in two TE but he's not a good Blocker and I'm not sure if Fant is either. 

On the flip side lock threw to him in college so I'm sure he trusts him so he may get more time than the above paragraph makes sense for 

Just now, bcb1213 said:

Another interesting case in that Denver kinda already has his type in Noah Fant and drafted two wr to go with Sutton.  He may get work in two TE but he's not a good Blocker and I'm not sure if Fant is either. 

On the flip side lock threw to him in college so I'm sure he trusts him so he may get more time than the above paragraph makes sense for 

Fant needs to get stronger and refine his blocking technique but he blocks with effort. Effort is the thing you can’t coach. 

13 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Lucky for me and yes I know it’s PFF... but Dawson Knox had the fourth best blocking grade of TE’s with 700 or more snaps. As a rookie.

You hit on Kittle and are looking good with Knox.  That's why I took Keene.

TE with a 'K' name?  You are all over it.

• Like 2