BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

13 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Nah, I like lots of players from all different conferences. You just happen to keep getting mocked those B1G guys. But if anyone tells me Chase Young isn't the best prospect to come out of this class, I'm sure looking at em funny.

I felt like that before but Joe Burrow is better than what I thought originally. He’s the top prospect of this class.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

I felt like that before but Joe Burrow is better than what I thought originally. He’s the top prospect of this class.

Joe Burrow is going to be a top-tier, elite QB in the NFL for a long time. Young has all-timer potential. QB being the position that it is, you take Burrow over Young if you need a QB but there's no doubt in my mind that Young is the better prospect.

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Joe Burrow is going to be a top-tier, elite QB in the NFL for a long time. Young has all-timer potential. QB being the position that it is, you take Burrow over Young if you need a QB but there's no doubt in my mind that Young is the better prospect.

Don’t worry I’ll start gushing over these guys when the combine numbers drop. The film is in already.

• Like 1

1. Antarctica - Joe Burrow

Pass rushers are easier to come by in this league than franchise signal callers. You back up the current MVP with the reigning Heisman and national champ winner and you've got ridiculous flexibility at the position going forward.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

Well I guess I'll have to agree to disagree with you guys. If I were Hawaii I would take Young. Of course, I also would've kept Wilson but still.

Wilson is good,  but he is older and way more expensive to try and work a rebuild around.  Plus LJ is much more our type of QB.  He can pass, run, and with the weapons on our team now he should really destroy teams with all the play actions, rpo, and option reads 

Edited by Pickle Rick

7 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Wilson is good,  but he is older and way more expensive to try and work a rebuild around.  Plus LJ is much more our type of QB.  He can pass, run, and with the weapons on our team now he should really destroy teams with all the play actions, rpo, and option reads 

I mean as long as the more Jackson doesn't have to throw the ball more than 15 to 20 times a game you should be completely fine

52 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Hate hate hate hate

Not at all honestly. In my honest opinion if the more Jackson can improve as much from year 2 to year 3 as you did from year one to year 2 then hes gonna be a really good player long term not just in the short term. I think it was proved though as a passer in the playoffs hes gotta be limited right now, he is a good passer he is not a great.   right now in needs to be limited as a passing quarterback because he is not the type of quarterback that is capable of throwing 40 plus times in a game & succeeding hes just not that guy yet and that doesn't have to be a bad thing

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 2