BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Corey Davis has 7 touchdowns in 45 career games, among other uninspiring stats. He is absolutely mediocre.

Robbie Anderson is the second best receiver on the roster, anyway.

27 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Damn dude. Gotta say I respectfully strongly disagree.

Davis was a former #5 overall pick. His 5th year option carried a $15.68 million cap hit. That cap hit would be 6th highest for a WR in 2020 today. 

Pretty much all Titans fans are in agreement with me in that Davis hasn't lived up to the #5 selection, but he's not been a bust either.

When you call a player 'mediocre', it sounds like a guy who shouldn't be starting but is doing so due to lack of viable alternative. A guy like Troy Apke is mediocre. Corey Davis is not.

Apke is worse than mediocre 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Damn dude. Gotta say I respectfully strongly disagree.

Davis was a former #5 overall pick. His 5th year option carried a $15.68 million cap hit. That cap hit would be 6th highest for a WR in 2020 today. 

Pretty much all Titans fans are in agreement with me in that Davis hasn't lived up to the #5 selection, but he's not been a bust either.

When you call a player 'mediocre', it sounds like a guy who shouldn't be starting but is doing so due to lack of viable alternative. A guy like Troy Apke is mediocre. Corey Davis is not.

Irl he's probably an low end starter. He probably shouldn't be starting in a 16 man league. 

28 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I don’t have my first round pick? Welp......poo. 

Or your second...or third...or fourth or fifth. Actually, you don't own a single one of your own picks. You have Lancaster and Singapore 6ths and Camden, Cuba, and Singapore 7ths.

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Robbie Anderson is the second best receiver on the roster, anyway.

Agreed. Claypool I think might get used more as the season goes on ans could become startable.

13 minutes ago, Blue said:

Corey Davis has 7 touchdowns in 45 career games, among other uninspiring stats. He is absolutely mediocre.

Again, he certainly hasn't lived up to expectations, but in the context of what he brings to the Tennessee Titans, and how he's fit into the offense and what we've done offensively, he's not mediocre. He's struggled with injuries and poor QB play, but has shown flashes. A lot of teams would love him as one of their top two receivers.

I'm pretty baffled and now that I think about it, it shouldn't really surprise me. I get to watch him every weekend when he plays, while most others on occasion at best, and box score scouting otherwise. One of his best attributes is his ability to block, whether on a run play or after someone makes a catch, several of our longest TDs last season happened thanks to him, but that's something that won't ever show up in stats.

If nothing else, at least this discussion revealed to me that most folks underrate him. Which means I need to consider how others think when preparing gameplans, rather than what is actually best.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

I'm pretty baffled and now that I think about it, it shouldn't really surprise me. I get to watch him every weekend when he plays, while most others on occasion at best, and box score scouting otherwise. One of his best attributes is his ability to block, whether on a run play or after someone makes a catch, several of our longest TDs last season happened thanks to him, but that's something that won't ever show up in stats.

If nothing else, at least this discussion revealed to me that most folks underrate him. Which means I need to consider how others think when preparing gameplans, rather than what is actually best.

Robbie already has a 1000 yard season to his name and is Teddy’s favorite receiver at the moment. My opinion on Davis aside, you could make a case you’ve underrated your own talent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Oh yeah same with Dwayne Haskins 🙄. Don’t blame his mediocrity on us. 

Just now, rackcs said:

I mean, blocking from a WR is nice but I certainly wouldn't start a guy just because he's a good blocker

No, I was starting him based on what I knew he'd do, and so far he's been having a good season in 2020. Guess it takes more time before perception changes.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Robbie already has a 1000 yard season to his name and is Teddy’s favorite receiver at the moment. My opinion on Davis aside, you could make a case you’ve underrated your own talent.

This is a valid point, Robby's come on a lot stronger than I expected. With AJ Brown out, and not knowing how much to trust Teddy yet though, it just made sense for me to start Davis, at least from my ranking of receivers. I'll adapt. I don't necessarily let my views get swayed from a single outing, but consistency is key.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Or your second...or third...or fourth or fifth. Actually, you don't own a single one of your own picks. You have Lancaster and Singapore 6ths and Camden, Cuba, and Singapore 7ths.

So I’m screwed..... neat 

• Like 1