BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Just now, bcb1213 said:

General rule of thumb for me.  Great nfc qb didn't have nfl talent wr to throw to and great nfl wr didn't have nfl qb throwing to them 

Yea there are exceptions but generally it works pretty well 

Ah, but what about great AFC QB

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

General rule of thumb for me.  Great nfc qb didn't have nfl talent wr to throw to and great nfl wr didn't have nfl qb throwing to them 

Yea there are exceptions but generally it works pretty well 

That’s what got you Trubisky huh 

30 minutes ago, Blue said:

While I agree it would be stupid to pass on Lawrence because of his landing spot, those QBs are consistently unsuccessful in the NFL because they're overrated as prospects based on their school and run offensive systems that either don't translate well to the pros (looking at you, Urban Meyer) or are surrounded by so much talent that their negatives are overlooked/minimized. Kind of an apples to oranges comparison here.

No, no. That's a fair argument to say that a guy is overhyped because of his school or system. I'm talking about the people who literally just say "When's the last time an Ohio State QB was any good?!" which is a lazy helmet scouting argument.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

No, no. That's a fair argument to say that a guy is overhyped because of his school or system. I'm talking about the people who literally just say "When's the last time an Ohio State QB was any good?!" which is a lazy helmet scouting argument.

If i say something like that, I'm saying it because those schools consistently develop their QBs to play a way that simply doesn't translate well to the NFL. They don't, especially Ohio State, actually make enough emphasis on being a good passer.

Cornerback Kenny Moore II accumulated two solo tackles, 1.0 tackle for loss and 1.0 sack. It was his first sack of the season and his fifth since 2018.

— Entering today, he was tied for fourth for most sacks among cornerbacks since 2018 (4.0).

https://www.colts.com/news/philip-rivers-xavier-rhodes-by-the-numbers-new-york-jets-week-3-2020

Versatile.

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, rackcs said:

haha, fair enough

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

He’s hurt. 

Just now, Counselor said:

But they are going to play him because lack of depth. Hopefully doesn’t mess him up worse.

Yea just heard them say that. Probably should have just sat him for a game or two.