BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Just now, rackcs said:

That's pretty revisionist. He wasn't even a first rounder in the actual NFL draft.

He should've been. I'm being for real.  I've always loved RW. Frankly I was upset when the Steelers kept passing on him. I always believed be would be great. Couldn't be more thrilled for him 

Very revisionist lol.

Ben was like 31 at the time and entering the prime of his career. You didn't have a chance to pick him in the 3rd as Seattle picked him before you, so you passed on him twice to select David DeCastro and Mike Adams. DeCastro was absolutely a better pick than Wilson would've been and while Adams didn't work out, I don't see why you'd pick a QB in the 2nd when your current QB is one of the best in the league, won two superbowls and had just taken you to a 3rd a season prior. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Very revisionist lol.

Ben was like 31 at the time and entering the prime of his career. You didn't have a chance to pick him in the 3rd as Seattle picked him before you, so you passed on him twice to select David DeCastro and Mike Adams. DeCastro was absolutely a better pick than Wilson would've been and while Adams didn't work out, I don't see why you'd pick a QB in the 2nd when your current QB is one of the best in the league, won two superbowls and had just taken you to a 3rd a season prior. 

I would have taken him over Mike Adams .  The answer to the question your Posey is you don't pass on a franchise quarterback just because you already have a franchise qb outside of the 1st imo.

Opportunities to get truly good QBs do not arrive very often

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

Having said that I am not necessarily saying that the steelers should have taken him but at the time I wanted them to yes other steelers fans called me crazy for the same reason but Other teams that need a quarterback should have taken him in some of the names still need a quarterback

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Russell Wilson?? Tf is wrong with you people? Lol he should've been taken in the 1st round

Nobody knew Russell Wilson was going to be a top-3 quarterback at the time and height remains an issue for quarterbacks. In BDL particularly, nobody thought he was going to be that good.

• Like 1