BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Just now, WFLukic said:

There's no point. I get attacked every second post for doing literally nothing lol. Heck when it comes to assessing the games its whack too. You can see it take its toll on guys like Ted who were getting fed up. Just check the last 2 weeks comments on Ivory Coast's running game: 

In week 6 Ivory Coast has 'no running game' against a light Hungary box with Wayne Gallman and D'Ernest Johnson.

In week 7 Ivory Coast now has an 'inconsistent' running game, but Wayne Gallman has shown he can run well and does just that (after a 34 yard, 10 carry performance) AFTER losing Zack Martin on the OL and despite running against a heavier New Orleans box which features some of the better run defenders in the league.

I watched the Giants v Eagles game and Gallman didn't suddenly looked like Barry Sanders, so maybe Ricky Wagner is a huge upgrade over Zack Martin at guard according to him. I don't know.

I don't think the Ted decision is related at all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I'm not sure what exactly Lukic is referring to. #1, if he was targeting me, I literally can't see his posts unless they are quoted.

Secondly, I've ceased my attacks on him. I don't even consider him at this point.

As far as voting and game assessments. They've always been inconsistent.  I do believe I brought that up a long time ago and people pushed back against it. I was told I was making a big issue over nothing. There's no standard, no expectation of consistency, and no accountability.  

I actually agree with Lukic for once though. Now I'm not gonna sit here and say I'm always consistent,  so I apologize for that but I do try to be. But it is frustrating when certain inconsistencies and perceptions occur every week. 

If we are being completely honest, I'm sure that's part of where the feeling of bias comes from for the most part. 

Edited by wwhickok

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Of course not, I didn't mean him in the context of leaving but rather his comments in the thread of his last match where he mentioned he was fed up with unreasonable and inconsistent voting on a week to week basis. So more taking its toll in terms of building up frustration in the league and between owners

14 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

There's no point. I get attacked every second post for doing literally nothing lol. Heck when it comes to assessing the games its whack too. You can see it take its toll on guys like Ted who were getting fed up. Just check the last 2 weeks comments on Ivory Coast's running game: 

In week 6 Ivory Coast has 'no running game' against a light Hungary box with Wayne Gallman and D'Ernest Johnson.

In week 7 Ivory Coast now has an 'inconsistent' running game, but Wayne Gallman has shown he can run well and does just that (after a 34 yard, 10 carry performance) AFTER losing Zack Martin on the OL and despite running against a heavier New Orleans box which features some of the better run defenders in the league.

I watched the Giants v Eagles game and Gallman didn't suddenly looked like Barry Sanders, so maybe Ricky Wagner is a huge upgrade over Zack Martin at guard according to him. I don't know.

BelatedAgreeableBaboon-size_restricted.g

• Like 1

I think a few people have brought this up, I think its a fair question, I also think its time for all 16 owners to cut the bull**** and come up with a standard. I don't think thats too much to expect 

Are we going to base our votes on weekly stats (should we be) or how that player would perform within the construct of the roster he plays on in BDL? You really can't have it both ways. 

Sure stats can give you a level of how good a player might be but then you have to consider his RL roster quality vs. BDL, his scheme vs. Our gameplan etc imo.

I think Lukic just brought this up, Rags alluded to it, I've brought it up in the past. The voting from one game to the next by each owner is so inconsistent its on the verge of being ridiculous 

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think a few people have brought this up, I think its a fair question, I also think its time for all 16 owners to cut the bull**** and come up with a standard. I don't think thats too much to expect 

Are we going to base our votes on weekly stats (should we be) or how that player would perform within the construct of the roster he plays on in BDL? You really can't have it both ways. 

Sure stats can give you a level of how good a player might be but then you have to consider his RL roster quality vs. BDL, his scheme vs. Our gameplan etc imo.

I think Lukic just brought this up, Rags alluded to it, I've brought it up in the past. The voting from one game to the next by each owner is so inconsistent its on the verge of being ridiculous 

I think most of us weigh typical play level, overall gameplan, and that week's performance...usually in that order.

I try to read the gameplans and see which I think has a better chance of actually being effective.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I think most of us weigh typical play level, overall gameplan, and that week's performance...usually in that order.

I try to read the gameplans and see which I think has a better chance of actually being effective.  

And I can appreciate that. But do you at least understand where I and yes even Lukic, are coming from about inconsistencies. 

I've admitted I'm probably guilty of it as well. If that's what caused Lukic to wrongly accuse me of being bias a couple weeks ago he could've just come to me about it but we aren't gonna get into that all over again.

I feel strongly that if you're gonna hold Interceptions (for example) against 1 QB, you should hold them against all who threw one, or more.