BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

4 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Unless Josh Jackson's play has radically change of late, I think he's a negative asset. Woods is probably worth a 5th for a half season rental so that's fine, but you'd expect probably a 4th if you're taking on Jackson. It's not really that bad, but doesn't look like there's many sellers and the buyers market isn't that strong either. 

Ummm excuse me I’m trying to buy

I dont see anything in the rules that suggests I can't do this so I am asking if I can;

Josh Norman, injured yet again, has served no purpose on my team, ik I can't cut him and I am attempting to acquire a waiver claim but obviously I am trying to do a last trade or two.

Can I put him on season ending IR? Obviously I'd still be paying for him but it would open up a roster spot for trades, considering I can't actually use him Anyway. SirA mentioned we can manually do this if need be. 

35 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I keep hear how OKC isn’t trying to tank and these trades are sheesh. Rags wins that deal rather easily.

I gotta get something for Woods, since I can't 3 Up him and I'm not resigning him for full price. I suspect I can get him back on the team next year for cheaper.

27 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Unless Josh Jackson's play has radically change of late, I think he's a negative asset. Woods is probably worth a 5th for a half season rental so that's fine, but you'd expect probably a 4th if you're taking on Jackson. It's not really that bad, but doesn't look like there's many sellers and the buyers market isn't that strong either. 

Rags didn't have a fourth. And again, I just need the depth. If he does end up a useful player, I've got him for like two more years and it isn't a huge hit to double down him.

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

I gotta get something for Woods, since I can't 3 Up him and I'm not resigning him for full price. I suspect I can get him back on the team next year for cheaper.

Rags didn't have a fourth. And again, I just need the depth. If he does end up a useful player, I've got him for like two more years and it isn't a huge hit to double down him.

If you get him back that’s a nice deal. Pheltz did something similar with Ebron last trade deadline.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Congrats Lukic on getting a OT for this week. I was wondering what you were going to do.with 2-3 OL possibly out this week

Yeah the Decker injury designation threw me off guard. I was probably going to play Pugh or Corbett at LT otherwise lol.

Just now, WFLukic said:

Yeah the Decker injury designation threw me off guard. I was probably going to play Pugh or Corbett at LT otherwise lol.

Ik Chuks has played RT all season, full disclosure, there's not much knowledge good or bad how he'd play at LT. 

Jonah Williams is also out this week, as well as Mitchell Schwartz 

29 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I dont see anything in the rules that suggests I can't do this so I am asking if I can;

Josh Norman, injured yet again, has served no purpose on my team, ik I can't cut him and I am attempting to acquire a waiver claim but obviously I am trying to do a last trade or two.

Can I put him on season ending IR? Obviously I'd still be paying for him but it would open up a roster spot for trades, considering I can't actually use him Anyway. SirA mentioned we can manually do this if need be. 

He meant manually in the book the guys that are actually listed on IR irl