Sign in to follow this  
WindyCity

The 2020 Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Moss plus a late 3rd would have me excited. His blocking at a minimum would be an incredible upgrade to the run game.

Shaheen was a run game sabatour.

In my mind I’m envisioning our pick at 50 turning into Moss and a guard like Bredeson or Lewis with a trade down, with Uche or Baun or a WR. I’m partial to Aiyuk because of his size/speed but like Reagor a whole lot too. A dark horse guy for me at 43 (because I’m not sure he’ll be there) is Laviska Shenault. He’s not a burner like Aiyuk or Reagor but I get a big Deebo Samuel feel when I watch him. 

Dammit I’m gonna talk myself into doing another mock draft now... 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

In my mind I’m envisioning our pick at 50 turning into Moss and a guard like Bredeson or Lewis with a trade down, with Uche or Baun or a WR. I’m partial to Aiyuk because of his size/speed but like Reagor a whole lot too. A dark horse guy for me at 43 (because I’m not sure he’ll be there) is Laviska Shenault. He’s not a burner like Aiyuk or Reagor but I get a big Deebo Samuel feel when I watch him. 

No KJ Hamler?

I don't think Moss is a good pick in round 2. I think he might be there in the 4th or 5th.

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

I keep thinking that we could end up with WR and OT in round 2. Neither is the most pressing need, but the incredible depth of the classes could dictate we have to pick them.

Just now, beardown3231 said:

No KJ Hamler?

I don't think Moss is a good pick in round 2. I think he might be there in the 4th or 5th.

50 is rich unless he flashes better athletic tools at the combine.

I do not think he sniffs round 4 or 5 he is just to good a blocker and has really good hands.

52 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

No KJ Hamler?

My biggest concern with Hamler is his size. PSU lists him at 5-9 176 and my concern is that he’s gonna be 5-8 or less, and I’ve kinda had my fill of super short receivers being guys I’m counting on to start on the outside. I think we are set at X and in the slot with ARob and Miller. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

My biggest concern with Hamler is his size. PSU lists him at 5-9 176 and my concern is that he’s gonna be 5-8 or less, and I’ve kinda had my fill of super short receivers being guys I’m counting on to start on the outside. I think we are set at X and in the slot with ARob and Miller. 

That's fair. I just look at it from the perspective of the Bears need speed badly and when they eventually lose Cohen, Hamler can be a devastating PR. He reminds me a lot of Desean Jackson and I think if it gets to that ceiling, he'd be a huge piece for the offense.

7 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

That's fair. I just look at it from the perspective of the Bears need speed badly and when they eventually lose Cohen, Hamler can be a devastating PR. He reminds me a lot of Desean Jackson and I think if it gets to that ceiling, he'd be a huge piece for the offense.

We definitely need that element in the offense. I personally see he, Reagor and Aiyuk all being ranked very similarly and all having that same skill set, with Reagor (5-11) and Aiyuk (6-0) both having more size. All would be nice additions but Hamler is 3rd there for me of the three.