The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

5 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Man this is like, really really bad.

I expected it to be rough, but dang.

Totally disagree. They're obviously working out some kinks with reffing and the new rules, but it's been pretty exciting.

First half capped off by a picture-perfect 55-yard field goal. Good job by Ty Rausa!

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Also this is just a personal pet peeve, but you're dumping $500M into this thing, make a website that doesn't suck.

They probably don't have any money left for a website after how much they sunk into the broadcasts, lol. 

Seriously the play hasn't been great but the broadcast has been top notch.

• Like 1

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

Idk I don't feel like it's even been particularly entertaining.

Different strokes, different folks I guess. The on field play has been a bit spazzed out, but I like the in-game interviews. The 2nd quarter hasn't been as crisp as the first quarter.

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Like that kicking rule for instance just feels different for the sake of "being different" and the play on the field has been very messy.

I like it - it's actually a safer alternative than giving guys a 60 yard head start to build momentum, but it's not killing the return like the NFL wants to by making every kick a touchback. 

The 1st quarter felt a lot cleaner, I'll admit that the game has slowly regressed execution-wise.

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Obviously it's the first game it will probably get better (AAFL did over time) but it's rough so far.

Yeah, I think it'll get tighter as we move on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rob_shadows said:

They probably don't have any money left for a website after how much they sunk into the broadcasts, lol. 

They could go to a local university's CS campus and find some web development students that could have made a better website than what they have.

3 minutes ago, Invictus said:

I like it a lot. Here's hoping the XFL sticks around.

I want it to succeed to.

I want it to be an outlet for college players who want to get paid and skip the NCAA cartel. I’d also love for it to be a “rehab” for guys trying to get to the NFL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Freshman devops could probably do better for like 20 grand.

My programming/cs degree had me take a basic web dev class. My website I had to make was atrocious (the whole experience made me want to stay away from web dev, tbh), but it was still better than what the XFL has.

Edited by Hukos