The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

24 minutes ago, lancerman said:

My point is they have to renegotiate prove it deals from a position where they failed last time and a big advantage to Vince was he used his own production company 

Negotiations are underway:

https://sports.yahoo.com/xfl-sale-approaches-abc-espn-170916421.html

And as you stated, they're all net zero revenue agreements - heavily slanted towards the networks. In today's climate what network would turn down free sports?

On 8/5/2020 at 10:23 AM, lancerman said:

My point is they have to renegotiate prove it deals from a position where they failed last time and a big advantage to Vince was he used his own production company 

Looks like Fox Sports is lining up again:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/12/report-fox-sports-has-interest-in-broadcasting-a-revived-xfl/amp/

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yeah because it was a good deal for them.... it’s not a profitable deal for the xfl. They get free content. That’s my point. 

The tv deals were worthless to begin with and they aren’t getting better deals. 

39 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Yeah because it was a good deal for them.... it’s not a profitable deal for the xfl. They get free content. That’s my point. 

“Is Fox interested? Sure they’re always interested in (football),” said Patrick Crakes, an ex-Fox Sports executive turned media consultant. “But it won’t be the same kind of deal the Vince McMahon-backed XFL got.”

Why would you assume it is the same or wont be profitable for the XFL?

Just now, Deadpulse said:

Why would you assume it is the same or wont be profitable for the XFL?

1. The original deals weren’t profitable 

2. The XFL didn’t meet their contexts, shut down mid season, and will be defunct at least a year 

3. The ratings were tanking before they did shut down 

The XFL has zero leverage right now and there is no incentive for the networks to give them superior contracts. The original contracts were prove it deals and not profitable 

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

So, I'm not sure what we're arguing here. I wasn't trying to argue that the league would suddenly turn a profit - just that it could be ran inside a bubble, given the limited costs involved with the league compared to other leagues:

On 8/4/2020 at 6:06 AM, ET80 said:

I just said it in the News thread - I could actually see an eight team XFL league create and maintain an NBA/NHL bubble.

Will they? Highly unlikely. But you could swing it with eight teams.

Your response:

On 8/4/2020 at 12:52 PM, lancerman said:

You won’t get stadium revenue and the tv deals won’t be worth anything 

So, help me out here. I never argued for revenue in any way. So what's your point? The league would be operating at a loss?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, HoboRocket said:

Yeah, but I have Wildcats merch...

I got a Wildcats baseball shirt for my brother. Guardians-wise I have a hat, a few t-shirts, a bottle opener, fleece blanket, etc.

I hope the Wildcats stick around, but it sounds like they're candidates for relocation.

38 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

I got a Wildcats baseball shirt for my brother. Guardians-wise I have a hat, a few t-shirts, a bottle opener, fleece blanket, etc.

I hope the Wildcats stick around, but it sounds like they're candidates for relocation.

Honest to god estimates for relocation would be a team to SD and SA, two gigantic markets without football teams, the AAF has proven them to be viable (as well as other pro sports.)

I'm thinking Guardians and Wildcats. I'm also going on a limb to say the Vipers will most definitely move to Orlando. The issue with the AAF (that the XFL tried to correct) was small market teams. Yes, teams in Birmingham and Salt Lake will not be viable or have crazy good attendance but Orlando, San Diego and San Antonio are not small markets, in fact, they all have a pro-team in some shape or form and they're all viable. Not to mention when spring leagues have tried these locations in the past, they're worked.

Does feel nice to talk about this considering we have confirmation of XFL 3.0 lol.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...