The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

Yep, they've officially canceled the rest of the 2020 season.

Currently, the XFL will not be playing its regular-season games. However, all players will be paid their base pay and benefits for the 2020 regular season. All XFL ticket holders will be issued refunds or credit toward future games. The XFL is committed to playing a full season in 2021 and future years.

I'm gutted by this move, but I trust their judgment. I think the Guardians were pulling themselves together and becoming a team that could win the championship. Unfortunately we'll never know for sure.

If there's a silver lining, it's that the XFL did enough to catch and hold my attention. They made me from a skeptic into a dedicated fan by producing five weeks of distinctive, solid pro football. I'll be waiting for 2021, and re-watching many of their games until then.

nPx5ywZ.jpg

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

This isn't a death knell where the league isn't making payroll, like the AAF. This is a response to a pandemic - not suspending operations would be the more controversial move. Every other major league has closed down, trying to play games in this climate gets you ostracized.

We might hate it as fans, but it's the right move.

I mean,  Vince did say the league was fully funded for the first 2 seasons. If that's true then it shouldn't effect the XFL at all in terms of stability.

5 hours ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

I mean,  Vince did say the league was fully funded for the first 2 seasons. If that's true then it shouldn't effect the XFL at all in terms of stability.

Organizational stability, sure. Fan stability, I don't know.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Malfatron said:

well then

I mean, you weren't wrong though. The XFL was fully-funded for multiple seasons before it even started. Everything is actually well thought-out this go around, so the league is protected (at least in the short-term) from a disaster like this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

I mean, you weren't wrong though. The XFL was fully-funded for multiple seasons before it even started. Everything is actually well thought-out this go around, so the league is protected (at least in the short-term) from a disaster like this.

The only real hit is if/when we resume, getting interest back into the league. It'll be competing against other leagues operating in compression...

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 4:34 AM, ET80 said:

The only real hit is if/when we resume, getting interest back into the league. It'll be competing against other leagues operating in compression...

Sounds like this season is done with except for maaaybe a championship game 

They will be back next spring in their usual slot (spring)

So I used to like football but it grew old and stale for me and it got to the point where I started hating football. College and NFL.

When XFL came along I didn't have any interest either. However, my friend had recently begun dating a woman he's fallen in love with and she wanted to go on a group date to one of two things.

1. XFL home opener of the Roughnecks vs Wildcats

2. Monster jam monster truck rally

Niether thing excited me really but I've never been to a monster truck rally so that's what I pushed for. Thank God the group went the other way and made me go to the game because I fell in love with football all over again. It was fast, fun, and different.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm really going to miss the rest of the season and really hope there's a second one. I know, with more time, the XFL will catch on. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, N4L said:

Sounds like this season is done with except for maaaybe a championship game 

They will be back next spring in their usual slot (spring)

The real question is: if they have a Championship game, who represents the East? Three teams have the exact same record.