The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Norm chow gotta be thinking I don't get paid enough for Josh to be talking to me like that lol 

My LA -3 bet appreciates the great effort from this team after that first qtr

LA doing a terrible job closing this game out My god

• Like 1

Leading story on the Payne and Pendergast - the ref error in the Houston/Seattle game. They're acknowledging the error, and actually applauding the league for their post game statement on how it was in error.

That's about as big time as you can get in this city, Seth Payne leading off his show with the XFL.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Clutchy said:

Josh Johnson talking to his coaches 😲

I'm honestly not too sure how to feel about it but it can't help his chances getting onto an NFL roster right? I'd hate to try coaching somebody that talks to me like that.

Wonder how much that happens in the NFL, it just isn't aired? I'd say more often than the XFL given the size of NFL egos.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Wonder how much that happens in the NFL, it just isn't aired? I'd say more often than the XFL given the size of NFL egos.

Gotta be. I always wondered how blow ups on the sidelines happen and this kinda helps me see why lol

Most ratings suffered last weekend due to the mild, spring-like weather, including the XFL's. I hear they all fell below a million, but were still the most-watched sports programming on cable. Week 6 is going to be a ratings nightmare with three of the four games on cable, and TB vs STL on FS2. (FS1 is occupied by the Pac-12.) If the league can shrug off that round of doomsday predictions, more people might start to believe in them.

In other news, starting yesterday the rosters expanded to 57 players for each team. Not all of the new additions are from Team 9. STL signed punter Cory Carter, suggesting that Marquette King is seriously hurt.

Home field advantage has been a significant factor in the league so far. The Dallas Renegades, winless at home and undefeated on the road, are the one exception to the rule.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 10:44 PM, ILoveTheVikings said:

Week 3 = week 4 Per network:

ABC: 1.9 to 1.558

Fox: 2.1 to 1.80

FS1: 1 to 1.113

ESPN2: 1.5 to 1.030

Week 4 = week 5 per network:

ABC: 1.558 to 1.547 million viewers

Fox: 1.80 to 1.497  million viewers

FS1: 1.113 to 767,000 viewers

ESPN2: 1.030 to 833,000 viewers 

Still got some consistent and very nice numbers for viewers on ABC and fox but FS1 and ESPN aren't doing well. Things to consider: the game on FS1 was during the same time as the Clippers vs. Lakers game so that obviously took a huge amount of people. The one on ESPN2 was also a home game in LA and LA does not care about the XFL at all. 

In the AAF San Antonio was a huge success...It wont happen but I think the XFL should 100% move the LA team to San Antonio...But then again Texas has Houston and Dallas already.

Edit: Finally, for some comparison, the AAF was having trouble barely getting 500,000 views for any game. Including their opening week, the total amount the AAF drew per week  was 700,000 per week.

So far the XFL is averaging 2,000,000 per week.

Edited by ILoveTheVikings
  • Like 1